Sort of off topic

Old July 26th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Robert Feinman

Default Sort of off topic

There is a new service out (blurb.com) that offers to make
single copies of bound books from uploaded material. They
supply a layout package and the creator (us) selects images
and text to make a final design.
Currently they only offer 8x10 landscape and portrait, but
are planning to expand. This seems ideal for some purposes
such as self published books, promotions and even weddings
and the like. They use HP inkjets to make the books, and
the prices are about $40 per copy.

I haven't tried it yet, but some encouragement from
photographers (as opposed to snap-shooters) might get them
to realize the possibilities. It seems that the results
might look nicer than the typical portfolio with acetate
sleeves.

This is not a promotion of their service, just a heads up.

--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com
Old July 26th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Claudio Bonavolta

Robert Feinman a écrit :
There is a new service out (blurb.com) that offers to make
single copies of bound books from uploaded material. They
supply a layout package and the creator (us) selects images
and text to make a final design.
Currently they only offer 8x10 landscape and portrait, but
are planning to expand. This seems ideal for some purposes
such as self published books, promotions and even weddings
and the like. They use HP inkjets to make the books, and
the prices are about $40 per copy.

I haven't tried it yet, but some encouragement from
photographers (as opposed to snap-shooters) might get them
to realize the possibilities. It seems that the results
might look nicer than the typical portfolio with acetate
sleeves.

This is not a promotion of their service, just a heads up.

In the same vein, there is www.lulu.com, and you're completely free with
the design as you upload a PDF file of your book.

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch
Old July 28th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Greg \_\

In article ,
Robert Feinman wrote:

There is a new service out (blurb.com) that offers to make
single copies of bound books from uploaded material. They
supply a layout package and the creator (us) selects images
and text to make a final design.
Currently they only offer 8x10 landscape and portrait, but
are planning to expand. This seems ideal for some purposes
such as self published books, promotions and even weddings
and the like. They use HP inkjets to make the books, and
the prices are about $40 per copy.

I haven't tried it yet, but some encouragement from
photographers (as opposed to snap-shooters) might get them
to realize the possibilities. It seems that the results
might look nicer than the typical portfolio with acetate
sleeves.

This is not a promotion of their service, just a heads up.

I'll check that out FWIW I have seen some rather cool
self produced books from a book I got on binding at the Local library.

Also using I-Jetted prints as the base pages, I myself have a couple of
brochure books I print and bind simply using a binding stapler.

Epson double side paper works well. Since I am an artist with graphics
and layout skills I am able to do so-even if those are my most polished
skills of late
--
Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.