Canon domination?

Old January 30th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Canon domination?

MarkČ wrote:
DD wrote:

Of course we have all heard the claims of how Canon dominates the
sports market and how anyone not using those cameras at sports events
is wasting their time and money.

Well, at this past weekend's A1GP I must report that the only people
using Canon cameras were the various press agency people, like AFP,
Reuters, local papers, etc. There were a few freelancers using Canon
20D's and I saw a 5D or two, but on the whole the majority of
accredited photographers shooting the event were using...Nikon
cameras. Cold fact.

So much for that theory.

Canon officially has 59% of the DSLR market as a whole.
That leaves Nikon, Pentax, Konica-Minolta (oh, and Stigma) to split the
remaining 41%.

IIRC, well over 59% of professional drivers drive trucks...

Old January 30th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Mike wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:13:34 -0800, uraniumcommittee wrote:

Who gives a **** what the pros use? Their papers own the damned lenses.
The pros make chump change...dentists drive the Mercedes and Porsches,
not pro photogs..

Ask what the DENTISTS use!

Good point. Leica, and even Nikon, have WAY more snob appeal than Canon!

The stupid preoccupation with 'what the pros use' is sickening. Leica
has the upscale naturalist market, the doctors, denitists, and lawyers
who can fly anywhere (often in their own planes) and buy anything they
want. They look through Trinovids and own big-ass Telyts..

When I was in retail, I once knew a dentist. He came in and asked me
what the best camera system was (this was about 1975). He flew to the
Carribean and bought a whole Leicaflex system, and gave me a 560 f/6.8
Telyt to use for as long as I wanted! I bought my own a couple of years
later.

Pros? HA! **** 'em!

:-)

Old January 30th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Ask what the DENTISTS use!

That would be about as helpful as knowing which toothbrush pro
photographers use to brush their teeth.

When I wanna know what is the best camera equipment, I'll ask the pro
photographers who make their living using the best stuff. When I wanna
know about plaque, I'll ask a dentist.

Old January 30th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:
Ask what the DENTISTS use!

That would be about as helpful as knowing which toothbrush pro
photographers use to brush their teeth.

When I wanna know what is the best camera equipment, I'll ask the pro
photographers who make their living using the best stuff. When I wanna
know about plaque, I'll ask a dentist.

Look, dumbass, they don't make their living with it! It's PAID FOR BY
SOMEONE ELSE! These 'pros' are nothing but fat slobs who got a job with
AP or their local paper. When people choose the best for QUALITY, and
they have to pay for it themselves, they choose Leica above all!

You're so ****ing dense...most dentists are better photographers,
anyway, than the 'pros', because they can take their time.

Old January 30th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

When I wanna know what is the best camera equipment, I'll ask the pro
photographers who make their living using the best stuff. When I wanna
know about plaque, I'll ask a dentist.

Look, dumbass, they don't make their living with it! It's PAID FOR BY
SOMEONE ELSE!

Of course they make their living with it, dip****. And the fact that
their employers have huge budgets and yet still choose Canon should
tell you where the true quality is. Even Dallas, the Leica lackey,
wouldn't claim that any pros shoot Leicas.

You're so ****ing dense...most dentists are better photographers,
anyway, than the 'pros', because they can take their time.

Yeah, uh-huh, right.

Ask Dallas how many Leicas he saw at the F1 race? Watch the Super Bowl
next week and try to find a Leica in the sea of white lenses. Lotsa
luck! I've been at many pro golf tournaments and you know how many
Leicas I've seen?
One! And that was the M3 that I was carrying. I found that the
results I got with it and the Summicron 50mm f/2 were comparable to
what I was getting with my $80 Canon 50mm f/1.8, with about 100x the
trouble.

Leicas are so 1965.

Old January 30th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:
When I wanna know what is the best camera equipment, I'll ask the pro
photographers who make their living using the best stuff. When I wanna
know about plaque, I'll ask a dentist.

Look, dumbass, they don't make their living with it! It's PAID FOR BY
SOMEONE ELSE!

Of course they make their living with it, dip****. And the fact that
their employers have huge budgets and yet still choose Canon should
tell you where the true quality is. Even Dallas, the Leica lackey,
wouldn't claim that any pros shoot Leicas.

Why the **** would they? They don't need the quality that Leica offers.
Dumbass!

You're so ****ing dense...most dentists are better photographers,
anyway, than the 'pros', because they can take their time.

Yeah, uh-huh, right.

I have sold more fine equipment to dentists, physicians, and lawyers
than to scumbag pros. Pros don't need quality.

Ask Dallas how many Leicas he saw at the F1 race?

Who gives a ****?

Watch the Super Bowl
next week and try to find a Leica in the sea of white lenses.

Who gives a ****?

Lotsa
luck!

Who gives a ****?

I've been at many pro golf tournaments and you know how many
Leicas I've seen?

Who gives a ****?

One! And that was the M3 that I was carrying. I found that the
results I got with it and the Summicron 50mm f/2 were comparable to
what I was getting with my $80 Canon 50mm f/1.8, with about 100x the
trouble.

Shows that you can't see for ****....

Leicas are so 1965.

Old January 30th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:
When I wanna know what is the best camera equipment, I'll ask the pro
photographers who make their living using the best stuff. When I wanna
know about plaque, I'll ask a dentist.

Look, dumbass, they don't make their living with it! It's PAID FOR BY
SOMEONE ELSE!

Of course they make their living with it, dip****. And the fact that
their employers have huge budgets and yet still choose Canon should
tell you where the true quality is. Even Dallas, the Leica lackey,
wouldn't claim that any pros shoot Leicas.

No, the Leica owners are sitting in the box seats, looking through
$1400 Trinovid binoculars. They don't NEED to take photos
professionally. They have money....

Old January 30th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Mike" wrote
Ask what the DENTISTS use!

RHI, the Hasselblad rep confided that most of his customers
were dentists, not photographers.

Good point. Leica, and even Nikon, have WAY more snob appeal than Canon!

Yeah, like Canon is what those _newspaper_ reporters use. How
low-life can one get. [Ob Smiley]

TTTT, the best color work I have seen has been by newspaper
reporters. Certainly not by dentists.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com
Old January 30th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:
Ask what the DENTISTS use!

That would be about as helpful as knowing which toothbrush pro
photographers use to brush their teeth.

When I wanna know what is the best camera equipment, I'll ask the pro
photographers who make their living using the best stuff. When I wanna
know about plaque, I'll ask a dentist.

The pros are so afraid of using anything that their mopron pro friends
use that it's sickening. When I was photographing OSU football games
with my the 560 Telyt, I ****ed all the 'pros' off, because they could
not put it on their stupid Nikon F's! I got better shots than they did,
and you know it! Archie Griffen at mid-field on Kodachrome 25. YEAH!
You can the see the hairs in his moustache! You can read the writing on
the ball!