New DSLR lenses from Nikon

Old February 23rd 10, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Default New DSLR lenses from Nikon

Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
My chief complaint? Where do I start? It's his policies. As much debt as
the previous administration incurred, it's nothing compared to this one.

That's lie #1: Bush created far more debt and most of the current
defcit is BECAUSE of Bush.

Government control of health care, despite what proponents claim the
majority of Americans want nothing to do with it

That's lie #2: In several surveys people have stated that a public
option is just what people want. It's only because of a
disinformation campaign funded by insurance companies that some stupid
people have been suckered.

Please, I never stated that my complaint about him
was what you said. My complaints about him are substantive

Your complaints are based upon political bigotry and lies.

Our federal government has gone far beyond the scope the fgounding fathers
envisioned.

Says who?

They are engaging in unconstitutional acts.

Says who? Some dishonest extremist?

--
Ray Fischer

Old February 23rd 10, 11:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

In rec.photo.digital tony cooper wrote:

After reading Bill's posts, one has to wonder how he remained employed
all those years. How could an employer deal with an employee with so
little ability to think and tears off on these wild rants all the
time?

You think he's employed for his thinking skills? :-)

--
Chris Malcolm
Old February 24th 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Graham

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
In rec.photo.digital tony cooper wrote:

After reading Bill's posts, one has to wonder how he remained employed
all those years. How could an employer deal with an employee with so
little ability to think and tears off on these wild rants all the
time?

You think he's employed for his thinking skills? :-)

--
Chris Malcolm

I retired in August of 1996. When I did, my boss told me that I held the
record for maximum overall production for his entire crew. I had been
working in that department for 25 years....

Old March 1st 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Graham

"RobertL" wrote in message
On Feb 9, 10:51 pm, LOL! wrote:
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:22:51 -0800, C J Campbell

On 2010-02-09 14:12:21 -0800, Jürgen Exner said:

C J Campbell wrote:
Either that or their own tax-hungry governments think they are.
America
has no VAT.

1: Canada does have VAT, it is called "Goods and Services Tax"......

They always think up these neat names. I wonder why they don't tell the
truth, and call it the, "We love to spend other people's money tax"?

Old March 1st 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2010-02-09 14:12:21 -0800, Jürgen said:

C J wrote:
Either that or their own tax-hungry governments think they are. America
has no VAT.

1: Canada does have VAT, it is called "Goods and Services Tax". Don't
know about other countries in America.
2: I am quite certain I prefer a flat simple straightforward VAT over
the impenetrable jungle of local, state, county and other sales taxes
that are slapped on in the US and sometimes vary just across the street.
3: Not to mention that VAT is refundable upon export of the good while
sales tax is not.

jue

If you like this oppressive, extremely regressive tax, fine with me.
I'll give it a pass, thank you. And don't complain to me about how your
stuff costs more.

Yes. Let's all blame their respective governments on why $25 of labor,
glass, metal, and cheap plastics costs $2000.

The SP / manufacturing cost is often 3:1 or higher for higher end
consumer and professional eqt.

-investment recovery (both capital plant and product)
-sustaining engineering
-capital equipment
-material
-labour
-operating profit
-taxes on the foregoing
-transport
-inventorying costs in transport and distribution
-warranty provision
-spares provision
-marketing (depending on cost structure, often includes transport and
distribution)
-distributor/reseller profit

etc. So a $2000 camera may have $700 or less in material.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

Old March 1st 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Walter Banks

"LOL!" wrote:

Yes. Let's all blame their respective governments on why $25 of labor,
glass, metal, and cheap plastics costs $2000.

Engineer me up a DSLR I will give you a full $50 for the
labor, glass, metal, and cheap plastics. 18Gpixel, shutter life
at least 100K operations.

w..

Old March 1st 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Walter Banks

"LOL!" wrote:

Yes. Let's all blame their respective governments on why $25 of labor,
glass, metal, and cheap plastics costs $2000.

The last processor design I worked on a mask set cost $750K
for a processor about the same complexity to a DSLR. Sensor
masks are probably at least that expensive to make.

Then rent time on a $6B fab where a sneeze will stop production for
a month or two.

w..