paper cutter

Old December 20th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
gp photo

Default paper cutter

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good paper cutter for cutting
photos. I only cut one at a time and the paper is no larger than 8-1/2
X 11. I have one that cost about $35 but it sometimes doesn't cut
exactly square. Thanks in advance.

Old December 20th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Rubin

"gp photo" writes:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good paper cutter for cutting
photos. I only cut one at a time and the paper is no larger than 8-1/2
X 11. I have one that cost about $35 but it sometimes doesn't cut
exactly square. Thanks in advance.

When this subject has come up before the answer has been spend the big
bucks and buy a Rotatrim. Yeah they're expensive but they last
forever. Even after you've obsoleted a dozen digicams the Rotatrim
will still be working fine.
Old December 20th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
BEK

When this subject has come up before the answer has been spend the big
bucks and buy a Rotatrim. Yeah they're expensive but they last
forever. Even after you've obsoleted a dozen digicams the Rotatrim
will still be working fine.

We've had a Beseler Rota-trim since 1978. It has cut untold numbers of
photos along with any other paper we've wanted to cut in all those years.
AND, we have never had to replace the blade! I highly recommend. They are
spendy, but worth it.

BEK
rec.photo.digital lurker

Old December 20th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:16:35 -0800, gp photo wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good paper cutter for cutting
photos. I only cut one at a time and the paper is no larger than 8-1/2
X 11. I have one that cost about $35 but it sometimes doesn't cut
exactly square. Thanks in advance.

Get a 12" print trimmer (the guillotine type) - when it gets blunt you can
resharpen it.

--
Neil
Reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.
Old December 21st 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ace

gp photo wrote:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good paper cutter for cutting
photos. I only cut one at a time and the paper is no larger than 8-1/2
X 11. I have one that cost about $35 but it sometimes doesn't cut
exactly square. Thanks in advance.

There s a trimmer at COSTCO that I have. Had it for about 20 years.
Still fine.

Bob AZ

Old December 21st 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randall Ainsworth

In article . com, gp
photo wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good paper cutter for cutting
photos. I only cut one at a time and the paper is no larger than 8-1/2
X 11. I have one that cost about $35 but it sometimes doesn't cut
exactly square. Thanks in advance.

Blade type cutters will never cut square regardless of what you pay for
them. The only way is to use one with a circular blade like a pizza
cutter on a rail.
Old December 21st 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:00:56 -0800, Randall Ainsworth wrote:

In article . com, gp
photo wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good paper cutter for cutting
photos. I only cut one at a time and the paper is no larger than 8-1/2
X 11. I have one that cost about $35 but it sometimes doesn't cut
exactly square. Thanks in advance.

Blade type cutters will never cut square regardless of what you pay for
them. The only way is to use one with a circular blade like a pizza
cutter on a rail.

That is how you are using it. The guillotine cutters do cut square, they
just have to be used properly.

--
Neil
Reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.
Old December 21st 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Steve Wolfe

Blade type cutters will never cut square regardless of what you pay for
them. The only way is to use one with a circular blade like a pizza
cutter on a rail.

That is how you are using it. The guillotine cutters do cut square, they
just have to be used properly.

Fifteen years ago I used a guillotine-type cutter that would, indeed, cut
square - you just turned a 16" wheel to press down the clamp with anywhere
from a few hundred to a thousand pounds of force to hold your stock still.
:-)

steve

Old December 21st 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

Steve Wolfe wrote:

Blade type cutters will never cut square regardless of what you pay for
them. The only way is to use one with a circular blade like a pizza
cutter on a rail.

That is how you are using it. The guillotine cutters do cut square, they
just have to be used properly.

Fifteen years ago I used a guillotine-type cutter that would, indeed, cut
square - you just turned a 16" wheel to press down the clamp with anywhere
from a few hundred to a thousand pounds of force to hold your stock still.
:-)

steve

:O) Now that's what i call a cutter! I blame most of my cutting
problems on my crap eyesight, crap hand stability and crap equipment.

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/