Sony Alpha A900 Digital SLR

Old November 9th 16, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
JAS[_2_]

Default Sony Alpha A900 Digital SLR

does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

JAS
--
You either teach people to treat you with dignity and respect, or
you don't. This means you are partly responsible for the mistreatment
Old November 9th 16, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
JAS wrote:

does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

It's looks are very cool and the mount is the same as Minoltas but I
don't know how well the the metering works. YMMV.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/AA900/AA900A.HTM

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSLRA900.pdf
--
teleportation kills
Old November 9th 16, 07:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
JAS wrote:

does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

It's looks are very cool and the mount is the same as Minoltas but I
don't know how well the metering works. YMMV.

Old November 9th 16, 07:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 9/11/2016 12:56 @wiz, JAS wrote:
does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

JAS

2008 model. Though one of the best digital cameras you can buy even today.
You should be able to get a very good deal on a 2nd hand body.
Old November 9th 16, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JAS[_2_]

android wrote:
In article ,
JAS wrote:

does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

It's looks are very cool and the mount is the same as Minoltas but I
don't know how well the metering works. YMMV.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/AA900/AA900A.HTM

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSLRA900.pdf

Thanks for the links.
JAS

Old November 9th 16, 01:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JAS[_2_]

Noons wrote:
On 9/11/2016 12:56 @wiz, JAS wrote:
does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

JAS

2008 model. Though one of the best digital cameras you can buy even today.
You should be able to get a very good deal on a 2nd hand body.

Thanks for the comment, I wonder what a decent shutter count is.

JAS

Old November 9th 16, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
JAS wrote:

Noons wrote:
On 9/11/2016 12:56 @wiz, JAS wrote:
does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

JAS

2008 model. Though one of the best digital cameras you can buy even today.
You should be able to get a very good deal on a 2nd hand body.

Thanks for the comment, I wonder what a decent shutter count is.

Most bodies are optimized for 100-150k clicks, but age is a factor too
just like random failures. I think that a good and well maintained
enthusiast device should read less than 50k.

http://tools.science.si/index.php

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/the-alph...opic97489.html

--
teleportation kills
Old November 10th 16, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
JAS[_2_]

android wrote:
In article ,
JAS wrote:

Noons wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the links. I have been searching for a good used one.

JAS

Old November 10th 16, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2016-11-08 20:56, JAS wrote:
does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

I've had one for many years. Tough camera. More features than one would
normally use. Good in body stabilization.

Very good noise wise up to ISO 800. Reasonable up to 1600 or so.
(Really, if you print up to 8x10 you don't notice the noise much - same
for display).

This is not a light camera.

I'd expect there are a lot of used ones on the market in great condition.

--
She hummed to herself because she was an unrivaled botcher of lyrics.
-Nick (Gone Girl), Gillian Flynn.
Old November 10th 16, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JAS[_2_]

On 2016-11-08 20:56, JAS wrote:
does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Sony Alpha A900
Digital SLR? I have never went to digital and have always used a
Minolta 9xi and have some very nice lens that would mount to the Sony
and am very used to the full frame view finder. I would like to try one
but at my age (75) I hate to put a large amount of money in something
but I do want something with a full view viewfinder and would like to be
able to use my lens. Thanks for any input.

I've had one for many years. Tough camera. More features than one would
normally use. Good in body stabilization.

Very good noise wise up to ISO 800. Reasonable up to 1600 or so.
(Really, if you print up to 8x10 you don't notice the noise much - same
for display).

This is not a light camera.

I'd expect there are a lot of used ones on the market in great condition.

Thanks for the reply, all sounds good. Maybe except as for the weight, I
have just had a rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder and have to
have the left one done when this heal, boy does it hurt,ha. Delivered
too much freight in my younger years. Thought I could do anything.

JAS