? about 90/8 Super Angulon

Old August 7th 10, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

Default ? about 90/8 Super Angulon

I've got an old, silver version. I put into an older style Copal #0
that had no f stop panel/label (these were front-mounted labels). I
was never able to find one of the older style panels for this combo,
even though they were likely companions over the years. Does anyone
have an idea of where one might be?

I've got a hand-measured label and I've played with some GG light
measutring to compare with known optics, mounted in correct shutter
combos. This lens exhibits a different looking negative for me that's
most likely due to its lower contrast, SC design but it also makes me
a bit paranoid that I'm not on the exact f stop that I'm assuming.

Any thoughts?

I've slowly put a small kit together over time with a Zone VI
lightweight, 90 Super Angulon, a 135 Nikkor and 210 Fujinon. I've got
a Combi tank and made just a few test runs so far so I'm just getting
going with this project with much to learn. I've deferred rushing
because my current darkroom can't hold my 4X5 enlargers so there's a
string of events that need to come together to be fully functional
anyway.