Is the Kodak 4 MP EasyShare CX7430 any good?

Old June 30th 04, 02:40 PM
Ron Baird

Default Is the Kodak 4 MP EasyShare CX7430 any good?

Hi Bill,

Actually, I think you have made a great choice. The camera is terrific and
my use of it yielded great pictures.

You can get a full review of the camera, its features and and specs at the
following URL. By the way, the shutter actually goes from 1/2 - 1/1400
seconds. I agree that optical is much better than digital, although the
camera does include ADZ or Advanced Digital Zoom algorithms. Excellent math
in the camera.

I am also am a big proponent of the dock. It allows you to charge the
battery, and transfer pictures in any number of ways or by just pressing one
button. The EasyShare Software is pretty cool and does provide an excellent
way to get your pictures organized.

Talk to you soon, Bill, if you have any particular questions after a review
let me know. I am usually around and will be glad to help.

http://www.kodak.com/go/www.kodak.com/go/cx7430

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Bill" wrote in message
I'm looking to get a Digital point and shoot to replace our aging 35mm

film
camera and have been looking at the Kodak 4 MP EasyShare CX7430 which is
available for around 240 dollars. Has anyone had any experiences with

this
camera? I did a bit of googling and not much came up for it. According

what I've read it was introduced in Febuary 2004 so maybe that is the

reason
for the lack of post pro or con about it. It seems to have the right mix

of
auto and manual features I would use, mostly on auto mode but occasionally
I'd use the manual mode, mostly to use a higher shutter speed since the

auto
looks like it tops out at 160 or so. From what I have read a 4MP should

be
sufficient for my needs since I've never had any of the film pictures I've
taken blown up and the camera should produce 4 x 5 prints that I couldn't
tell from film. I wanted an optical zoom because I've seen how bad the
digital versions work. I also wanted an auto lense cover because I always
hated fooling with a lense cap, I originally wanted a Canon S45 because of
the sliding lense cover/power switch but I can't justify the additional

100
dollars just for that. I also like the fact that I can use AA bateries or

rechargable pack in the camera, that way when, I don't mean if, I wind up
with a dead battery at the wrong time I can at least pop in a couple of

AAs
and keep on going. Circuit City has them on sale with a "Starter Kit"
which comes with a small tripod, photo paper and I think a spare battery

for
237 plus change. I was thinking of getting this camera and trying it out
for a few days and If I like it then getting the docking station which

comes
with the battery pack and a memory card, either 128 or 256 meg. I figure
this setup should cover my needs and not break my budget. Sorry to be

long
winded but I'm trying to give you an idea of my needs and what info I'm
dealing with on these cameras. Any comments?

Bill