IrfanView: sometimes very slow loading

Old September 17th 15, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
PeterN[_6_]

Default IrfanView: sometimes very slow loading

On 9/17/2015 12:11 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

nobody installs firefox or adobe software or any other
software on a kiosk.

Kiosks have a unique ability to self install software, unless it is one
of those computers that do not require software to run.

explain how a kiosk can self-install photoshop.

this ought to be really good.

Once more you have snipped to show me saying something I did not say.

wrong.

Idiot.

Simply restore, and you will see I was responding to another of your
asinine statements.

no you weren't. you were talking out your ass again.

You really should explain how software gets on kiosks, if nobody
installs it.

that was never the issue.

the issue is that a kiosk is a dedicated system which will never run
third party software, including photoshop, firefox, microsoft office or
anything else. ever.

You never read the question to which you replied. Stop twisting.

--
PeterN
Old September 17th 15, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-09-15 23:38:21 +0000, "p-0''0-h the cat (ES)"
said:

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:04:31 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , p-0''0-h the
cat (ES) wrote:

"To be more precise, "A-GPS" features are mostly dependent on an
internet network and/or connection to an ISP "

that is incorrect.

the assisted aspect helps obtain an initial fix more rapidly but it is
it not required for an agps device to function.

under no circumstances is an agps device dependent on an internet
connection of any kind. period.

Why are you snipping the links? To save your sorry arse?

SOP for nospam, get used to it if you choose to engage him in any sort
of debate.

Are you sure nospam is a him?

Hmm...???

--
PeterN
Old September 17th 15, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

nobody installs firefox or adobe software or any other
software on a kiosk.

Kiosks have a unique ability to self install software, unless it is one
of those computers that do not require software to run.

explain how a kiosk can self-install photoshop.

this ought to be really good.

Once more you have snipped to show me saying something I did not say.

wrong.

Idiot.

the only idiot is you, someone who can't keep track of who said what.

Old September 17th 15, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Mayayana

| I'm not surprised that Microsoft is giving Windows 10 away: it still
| seems to be in a beta phase and is changing every few days.
|

| Which is precisely why I am waiting.

Yet you're buying a new computer? Are you going to
buy a Win7 disk to overwrite Win10?

Old September 17th 15, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/17/2015 2:28 PM, Mayayana wrote:
| I'm not surprised that Microsoft is giving Windows 10 away: it still
| seems to be in a beta phase and is changing every few days.
|

| Which is precisely why I am waiting.

Yet you're buying a new computer? Are you going to
buy a Win7 disk to overwrite Win10?

No. There are still a lot of Win7 machines on the market. There are also
Win8 machines, with downgrade rights to Win7.

--
PeterN
Old September 17th 15, 09:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
p-0''0-h the cat (UK) - The voice of the Sheeple

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 17:56:49 +0000 (UTC), Diesel wrote:

"p-0''0-h the cat (ES)"
Wed, 16 Sep 2015
07:33:52 GMT in alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:40:10 +0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

"p-0''0-h the cat (ES)"
om Tue, 15 Sep 2015
15:19:18 GMT in alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:50:37 +0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

"p-0''0-h the cat (UK) - The voice of the Sheeple"

news:16kgxk13amu6k.108s0lq30uaf0$.dlg@40tude. net Tue, 15 Sep
2015 07:21:31 GMT in alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 07:37:08 +0100, David Taylor wrote:

On 14/09/2015 23:51, Diesel wrote:
[]
I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by pushing
PCs to the limit...I've ran FTP sites that moved that much
or more in a given 24 hours or less. I wouldn't necessarily
call it streaming though. It was just transferring data over
some nice fast pipes.

What languages do you develop software in?

The data is sent once as a broadcast stream - no retries or
anything like that. Miss that data, and you've missed part
of an image or some meteorological data you wanted. The PCs
have to be very carefully set up with RAMdisks etc. to
achieve loss-free reception. It is effectively streaming,
and it does push PCs to the limit.

There are more details he
http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home...lletins/EUMETC
as t/ DAT_2082113.html#sp

I don't develop the reception software (although I take part
in beta tests and automated analysis of the performance).
The processing software I write is in Delphi - a Pascal-like
language which produces efficient object code, and has a
first-class development environment - something I as a single
developer really need to make the best use of my time.

Dustin Cook [virus writer] a.k.a Diesel is an expert in ASIC
dontcha know. You'll never be as good as him so don't even
try.

That has nothing to do with the discussion. I'm not sure if the
individual even knows what ASIC is. You didn't. [g]

And, it's ex virus writer, thanks. If you want to 'insult' me,
just let people know I was a paid Expert Malware Researcher for
two years with Malwarebytes. That'll **** more off than my virus
writing from the 90s/early 00s did.

There's nuttin he doesn't know about air interfaces. Word up.
Take care, he's always heavily armed and he'll hack ya as soon
as look at yer with repurposed network hubs he's reclaimed
from landfill.

Jealous much?

Oh! God yes, your networking skills are legendary. I soooo want
one of your repurposed hubs. Do you have a range of colours or
do they just come in rust and covered in ****?

what is a purposed hub exactly?

Oh! don't be so shy Dusty. Share your networking wisdom about the
advantages of hubs over switches. It was fascinating reading. Not
that I've seen a hub for ~20 years but you could spark a
renaissance.

I think it's more a matter of ease than it is a feature. Hubs allow
for **** easy plain text snooping network traffic. You can configure
a switch to do this too, but.. why go thru all that hassle if you
only plan to sniff a little traffic from some particular suspect
machines? Isolate their happy asses, confine them to that hub with
your 'test gear' and you're good to go. As I said, it's convenience..
not a 'feature'.

You never said any of that. Your original comments were about using a hub
to spy on people and that you couldn't do that with a switch. I explained
why you can do it better with a switch and why using a hub was a bad idea.
Amateur in fact. Now you are trying to change history but what's really
funny is you are still talking ********. You have no real idea what you are
doing and as you and BD have chosen to lie about me posting proof to back
up what I say I now intend not to do so. Wallow in your own ignorance
loser. You are useless to me anyway. You never post anything worthwhile.
Have you figured out the alternative to port knocking yet. It's trivial so
it's well within your capabilities, I think. LOL.

Are you trying to be coy then with your repurposed hub comment?

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll,
troll infâme, the OVERCAT [The BEARPAIR are dead, and we are its murderers]
lowlife troll, shyster [pending approval by STATE_TERROR], cripple,
sociopath, kook, smug prick, smartarse, arsehole, moron, idiot, imbecile,
snittish scumbag, liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur,
scouringerer, the most complete ignoid, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896
Old September 18th 15, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Diesel

"p-0''0-h the cat (UK) - The voice of the Sheeple"

Thu, 17 Sep 2015
20:29:26 GMT in alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

You never said any of that. Your original comments were about
using a hub to spy on people and that you couldn't do that with a
switch.

Unless you take additional steps, afaik, a switch isn't going to let
you snoop traffic on other ports. You do like your strawman arguments,
though. Deflect...much?

Wallow in your own ignorance loser. You

Right...

so it's well within your capabilities, I think. LOL.

Bull**** seems to be one of your best capabilities. You can shovel a
ton of it in a very short period of time. I am impressed.

--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.