A question for Applefans

Old September 15th 15, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default A question for Applefans

On 2015-09-15 17:14:20 +0000, PeterN said:

On 9/15/2015 6:28 AM, nospam wrote:
In article ,
Sandman wrote:

My iPhone and iPad do not use the same cord, but do use the same
device that plugs into the wall.

They don't use the same connector, no, since you bought one before
the switch
and the other after the switch.

actually, he bought the 4s after the 5s came out, for 99 cents.

When did the 5s sell for 99 cents?

For that matter, I doubt if the 4S did, either.

You misread that.
After the 5S came out the 4S was available *Starting at $0.99*.
After last week's Keynote presentation which included new pricing, the
5S 16GB is available for $0 with a data plan. The 5S 32GB for $49.

I missed nothing. In an economic sense, a large portion of the cost of
the phones is paid for by higher usage charges. IIRC one of the
companies is actually reducing the monthly charges once the phone is
paid for.

--
PeterN
Old September 15th 15, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-09-15 18:15:33 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

My iPhone and iPad do not use the same cord, but do use the same
device that plugs into the wall.

They don't use the same connector, no, since you bought one before
the
switch and the other after the switch.

actually, he bought the 4s after the 5s came out, for 99 cents.

When did the 5s sell for 99 cents?

right now, and for free:
http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone5s/16gb-space-gray-verizon

The price is clearly stated to be $450...

That is unlocked and contract, and SIM free.

Which is why I think some confuse the initial payment with total cost.

--
PeterN
Old September 15th 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/15/2015 3:21 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

When did the 5s sell for 99 cents?

For that matter, I doubt if the 4S did, either.

This is another case of needing to understand what nospam meant and
not what he said. The structure of the sentence does, indeed, say the
5s came out at a price of 99 cents.

I don't remember what I paid when I bought the 4s. I have to rely on
nospam to tell me what I paid. He still hasn't helped me with finding
my Winn-Dixie card, but he does seem to have a stalker-like knowledge
of my doings.

Since he has rarely, if ever answer my question when I have asked for
clarification, I go by what he said.

you rarely, if ever, ask for clarification.

You are correct. I haven't asked for clarification more than once in the
last two days.

--
PeterN
Old September 15th 15, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

When did the 5s sell for 99 cents?

right now, and for free:
http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone5s/16gb-space-gray-verizon

The price is clearly stated to be $450...

That is unlocked and contract, and SIM free.

Which is why I think some confuse the initial payment with total cost.

something which the carriers know and fully exploit.
Old September 16th 15, 04:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/15/2015 6:09 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:50:02 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

You still don't understand that in the past, when you purchase a phone
from a carrier, the selling price was built into your contract. You may
know programming, but you know **** about economics.

i know quite well how the cellular phone industry works.

you need to explain it to tony, who said he paid 99 cents.

When? You said that, but I don't recall ever stating what I paid for
it. At present, I don't remember.

unlike you, i do my homework.

you said that on monday, september 23, 2013, having just purchased the
iphone 4s for 99 cents the previous friday, which would have been on
september 20, 2013, the same day the iphone 5s and 5c were available in
stores and the reason for the price change of the iphone 4s, then two
years old.

OK...glad you are keeping track of things.

Now that you mention the situation, it's coming back to me. There
were long lines at the AT&T store of people wanting the 5. Some
people showed up hours before the stores opened. However, there was
one clerk in the store who was available to write up orders for other
phones, and maybe a ten minute wait for that person.

I don't think I ever had an plan to order a 5, but I might of if not
for the line.

What about my Winn-Dixie card? What shirt was I wearing when I last
used it?

If that is his main interest in life, who are we to complain.

--
PeterN