Nikon CP 8400

Old February 24th 05, 10:43 AM
Don Wiss

Default Nikon CP 8400

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:01:52 -0500, Billy wrote:

I want to upgrade my CP4500 and I've been looking at the CP8400. Does anyone
have this camera? What are the good and bad of this model?

Good: Built-in wide angle. Bad: No image stabilization. Auto-mode in low
light is brain dead. And without IS if you use auto-mode in low light your
picture will be ruined. Personally my next camera will have IS.

Is this the
successor to the coolpix swivel line? Is red-eye still a problem?

It flashes like three times when it takes a picture. I've always used an
external flash, so red eye has never been an issue with me.

How is the
speed of power-up and shot to shot?

Fine.

Don donwiss at panix.com.