Halloween photos ?

Old November 3rd 14, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Default Halloween photos ?

Wondering of Halloween photos... ?

I'll start with:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...3c28f.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/peo2cgt

[ long exposure to enhance "spooks" ]

==
Later...
Ron C
Old November 3rd 14, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-11-03 02:56:21 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Sun, 02 Nov 2014 21:42:59 -0500, Ron C wrote:

Wondering of Halloween photos... ?

I'll start with:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...3c28f.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/peo2cgt

[ long exposure to enhance "spooks" ]

My daughter-in-law in her home-made costume:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy9yf0fw09...31-18.jpg?dl=0

I did this for a G+ Photo Circle Halloween challenge a couple of years
back. It is yours truly + a composite of an original Boris Karloff
shot, stretched over my face with my glasses masked in. No make-up
involved.
https://db.tt/pVUnrRpP

Savageduck

Old November 3rd 14, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 11/02/2014 08:42 PM, Ron C wrote:
Wondering of Halloween photos... ?

I'll start with:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...3c28f.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/peo2cgt

[ long exposure to enhance "spooks" ]

Here's one my wife took of me

I went as Harpo Marx

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...99803362_o.jpg
Old November 3rd 14, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 11/03/2014 05:15 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

Here's one my wife took of me

I went as Harpo Marx

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...99803362_o.jpg

That ws scary I thought it was Boris Johnson

Since I was Harpo, my wife (and everyone) figured for once I'd keep my
mouth shut.

I did extremely well for the first five seconds.

Guess if I just said I was Boris Johnson I would not have to waited.
Old November 4th 14, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 11/2/2014 9:42 PM, Ron C wrote:
Wondering of Halloween photos... ?

I'll start with:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...3c28f.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/peo2cgt

[ long exposure to enhance "spooks" ]

My interpretation of the meaning of the image.

The front porch had a toilets and because the people sitting on the
toilets couldn't reach the toiet paper on the ground, they couldn't get
off the toilets. They died sitting there and only the skeletons remain.

--
PeterN
Excuse my sick mind.
Old November 5th 14, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 11/4/2014 10:28 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 11/2/2014 9:42 PM, Ron C wrote:
Wondering of Halloween photos... ?

I'll start with:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...3c28f.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/peo2cgt

[ long exposure to enhance "spooks" ]

My interpretation of the meaning of the image.

The front porch had a toilets and because the people sitting on the
toilets couldn't reach the toilet paper on the ground, they couldn't get
off the toilets. They died sitting there and only the skeletons remain.

OK, I can live with that interpretation.

Now interpret this:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...dcac3.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/pk5tf7l

==
Later...
Ron C

Old November 5th 14, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 11/2/2014 9:42 PM, Ron C wrote:
Wondering of Halloween photos... ?

I'll start with:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...3c28f.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/peo2cgt

[ long exposure to enhance "spooks" ]

My interpretation of the meaning of the image.

The front porch had a toilets and because the people sitting on the
toilets couldn't reach the toilet paper on the ground, they couldn't get
off the toilets. They died sitting there and only the skeletons remain.

OK, I can live with that interpretation.

Now interpret this:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...dcac3.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/pk5tf7l

The property owner had some money that he didn't know what to do with.
And you know how to use the find edge filter, or its commercial equivalent.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/pelican%20race.jpg
--
PeterN
Old November 5th 14, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 11/2/2014 9:42 PM, Ron C wrote:
Wondering of Halloween photos... ?

I'll start with:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...3c28f.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/peo2cgt

[ long exposure to enhance "spooks" ]

My interpretation of the meaning of the image.

The front porch had a toilets and because the people sitting on the
toilets couldn't reach the toilet paper on the ground, they couldn't get
off the toilets. They died sitting there and only the skeletons remain.

OK, I can live with that interpretation.

Now interpret this:

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...dcac3.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/pk5tf7l

The property owner had some money that he didn't know what to do with.
And you know how to use the find edge filter, or its commercial equivalent.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/pelican%20race.jpg

Not quite as whimsical as the other interpretation. Anyway, I don't tend
to use the find edge filter, I rolled my own.
For what it's worth, here's a sub section of the original picture and
the and output my line-art algorithm/filter.

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...cfacc.jpg.html

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Ed...3624a.jpg.html

Many years ago I used to get a photography magazine that had a
monthly "how'd they do that?" challenge. 'twas thought provoking.

So, maybe you, the duck, or others here have a tool or procedure to
emulate my "filter" ? Care to try?

==
Later...
Ron C

Old November 5th 14, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-11-05 19:16:32 +0000, Ron C said:

Many years ago I used to get a photography magazine that had a
monthly "how'd they do that?" challenge. 'twas thought provoking.

So, maybe you, the duck, or others here have a tool or procedure to
emulate my "filter" ? Care to try?

If you are going to challenge us to produce a rendition of your image,
the place to start is by leading us to an unmolested version to do our
evil on.

Savageduck

Old November 5th 14, 08:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 11/2/2014 9:42 PM, Ron C wrote:
[...]

I have a full plate, but will give it a shot. As you can tell from the
image I posted, I increased the contrast, applied the find edge filter,
converted to B&W, sharpened greatly, then lowered opacity of the layer
to taste. If there are ways thtgive a different look, or more effecient
methods, I am always interested in leaarning how.

--
PeterN