Different Saturation

Old August 5th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matalog

Default Different Saturation

When I look at images in photoshop they look great. When I look at them in
windows preview or if I upload some photos to the net they always look to
have a lot less saturation.

I would like consistent looking photos no matter where i look at thm. Any
ideas that may help me?

Old August 5th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matalog

"Gino" wrote in message
Are you using Adobe RGB colour space?

In photoshop I am, yes.

news

Old August 5th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gino[_2_]

It sounds like Windows Preview and the browser don't support the Adobe RGB
colour space.

I know I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but use sRGB instead.
I have never liked Adobe RGB to be honest. Maybe if you are supplying
photos to a printing company, Adobe RGB has it's advantages. For a home
user, stick to sRGB colour space.

Old August 5th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"Gino" wrote in message
It sounds like Windows Preview and the browser don't support the Adobe RGB
colour space.

I know I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but use sRGB
instead. I have never liked Adobe RGB to be honest. Maybe if you are
supplying photos to a printing company, Adobe RGB has it's advantages.
For a home user, stick to sRGB colour space.

Hi.

It is not a "sounds like", it is a fact.

IE and the Windows image viewers are not Colour Management aware, so in
order to get accurate colour the files need to be sRGB.

However Adobe RGB is better for home Inkject Printing than sRGB is. Most
photo labs want the files as sRGB, except for the Pro Labs.

There is no reason why anyone should not be able to convert the copy of the
image they intend for Web use, to sRGB just before posting it, and keep all
their Print use images as A RGB.

Roy G

Old August 6th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matalog

"Roy G" wrote in message

"Gino" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the help!