Strobes and hot lights

Old December 12th 05, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Strobes and hot lights

Is there any way to change the color temp of a strobe to match tungsten?
Right now I have a lot of hot lights but want to pick up an alienbee 800.
For hi-key I was hoping to use the hot lights on the background and the
strobe for the main light. Thanks...

Old December 12th 05, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article FVlnf.93711$ki.27332@pd7tw2no,
"Dirty Harry" wrote:

Is there any way to change the color temp of a strobe to match tungsten?
Right now I have a lot of hot lights but want to pick up an alienbee 800.
For hi-key I was hoping to use the hot lights on the background and the
strobe for the main light. Thanks...

Roscoe gels over the flash.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old December 13th 05, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Dirty Harry" wrote:

Is there any way to change the color temp of a strobe to match tungsten?
Right now I have a lot of hot lights but want to pick up an alienbee 800.
For hi-key I was hoping to use the hot lights on the background and the
strobe for the main light. Thanks...

Roscoe gels over the flash.

calumetphoto sells them.

Old December 13th 05, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

85B is the conversion filter, dark orage, Rosco may have one in just
that density.

Tom

Old December 13th 05, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"tomm101" wrote in message
ps.com...
85B is the conversion filter, dark orage, Rosco may have one in just
that density.

Tom

Thanks guys. The number and color really helped!

Old December 14th 05, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"tomm101" wrote in message
ps.com...
85B is the conversion filter, dark orage, Rosco may have one in just
that density.

Tom

OK, just to make sure I understand right. My hot lights are about 3000k and
my strobes will be 5600k (when I set my wb by number), so an orange filter
on the strobe is going to make it match? I guess that seems right since
when I fire my strobe with my lights everything comes out blue that was lit
by the strobe.