Yorktown, VA eagles have begun their next nesting season

Old November 3rd 19, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

Default Yorktown, VA eagles have begun their next nesting season

I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.
Old November 3rd 19, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 2, 2019, me wrote
(in ):

I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Nice capture.

Savageduck

Old November 3rd 19, 10:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
~BD~[_6_]

On 03/11/2019 01:07, me wrote:
I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Congratulations!

Your image looks fantastic on my iMac, even when magnified to fill my 27
inch Retina 5K screen! :-D

Do you enter competitions? You'd surely win a first prize with this one!

Old November 3rd 19, 12:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2019-11-02 21:07, me wrote:
I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Nice. Blue seems over the top.

--
"Even with the brain dead, the pig's heart keeps on beating...
sort of like ... pick a Kardashian."
Old November 3rd 19, 12:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2019-11-03 05:00, ~BD~ wrote:
On 03/11/2019 01:07, me wrote:
I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Congratulations!

Your image looks fantastic on my iMac, even when magnified to fill my 27
inch Retina 5K screen!Â* :-D

Get your eyes checked.

Old November 3rd 19, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
~BD~[_6_]

On 2019-11-03 05:00, ~BD~ wrote:
On 03/11/2019 01:07, me wrote:
I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Congratulations!

Your image looks fantastic on my iMac, even when magnified to fill my
27 inch Retina 5K screen!Â* :-D

Get your eyes checked.

How's this look? https://imgur.com/a/Y1u3KdR

Don't just look in your 'phone!
Old November 3rd 19, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2019-11-03 05:00, ~BD~ wrote:
On 03/11/2019 01:07, me wrote:
I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Congratulations!

Your image looks fantastic on my iMac, even when magnified to fill my
27 inch Retina 5K screen!Â* :-D

Get your eyes checked.

How's this look?Â* https://imgur.com/a/Y1u3KdR

Don't just look in your 'phone!

I didn't.

When I saw your post I opened that photo on my computer to about 27".
There it is clearly pixelated. Which is no surprise since a 1024 x 682
image can't do well when blown up to screen size on a large screen. No
different for your 27" screen.

Doing so also reveals fundamental edge contrast issues that are apparent
in the original as posted. No surprise there either (I assume the photo
is a crop).

Therefo Have your eyes checked if you believe it looks fantastic.

Nice composition - but won't print very large at all.

Old November 3rd 19, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019 07:41:24 -0500, Alan Browne

On 2019-11-02 21:07, me wrote:
I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Nice. Blue seems over the top.

Yes, AWB will do that in this situation.

http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...D5C_2734_2.jpg
has a first quick attempt at warming it up a bit. FWIW the crop was
also not resized. Full frame to show how small a crop this is at
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...D5C_2734_3.jpg
Old November 3rd 19, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 3, 2019, me wrote
(in ):

On 2019-11-02 21:07, me wrote:
I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Nice. Blue seems over the top.

Yes, AWB will do that in this situation.

http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...D5C_2734_2.jpg
has a first quick attempt at warming it up a bit. FWIW the crop was
also not resized. Full frame to show how small a crop this is at
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...D5C_2734_3.jpg

AWB is not to blame.

If your editing software has a HSL (Hue, Saturation, Luminosity) panel you
can use that to dial the blues down a tad. A little less blue saturation, and
a slight increase in blue luminosity.

Savageduck

Old November 3rd 19, 08:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2019-11-02 21:07, me wrote:
I have been following this pair of bald eagle for quite a few years
now. I was surprised to find them both in their nest this morning.
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...2/D5C_2734.jpg
For those that case, D500 +TC-15+200-400 f/4 VR 1st gen.

Nice. Blue seems over the top.

Yes, AWB will do that in this situation.

Don't use AWB.

http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...D5C_2734_2.jpg
has a first quick attempt at warming it up a bit. FWIW the crop was
also not resized. Full frame to show how small a crop this is at
http://whfoto.net/Yorktown_Eagles/20...D5C_2734_3.jpg

I like that better overall.