Sigma advantages over other camera manufacturers

Old June 28th 04, 11:31 PM
pioe[rmv]

Default Sigma advantages over other camera manufacturers

Giorgio Preddio wrote:

I put together this collection of info for those people interested in
buying a digital SLR. These are the reasons why you shouldn't buy any
other camera besides a Sigma SD10.

1) Superior build like a tank

This is incorrect, and so were your other assertions.

Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway
Old June 29th 04, 12:37 AM
Skip M

"Nick C" wrote in message

1-14 are arguable, mostly misinterpretations, misstated math or

wishful
thinking, but 15 is an out and out lie. If it were true, there would

be
no
reason to buy Sigma's own 80-400 Optical Stabilization lens for $1100

from
B&H.

Bull**** from Mr. Ed's ass. The built in camera-shake elimination
gives you 4 or five extra stops to play around with, beyond that,
additional stability is required (tripod, or optical stabilization).

I'm curious and have a little problem understanding your response.

In #15, you said "Camera shake is _prevented_ by an elaborate in-camera
algorithms" and say there is no need for lens stabilization or heavy
tripods. (I emphasize the word prevented)

Skip responded with "If it were true, there would be no reason to buy
Sigma's own 80-400 Optical Stabilization lens for $1100 from B&H.

Then you say that's "Bull****" and post validation that Skip's implication
is correct by saying ".... additional stability is required (tripod, or
optical stabilization)." What am I missing, if anything?

??????????????

nick

Gee, maybe I should let him out of my kill file, I'd like to see how he
justified that one...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old June 29th 04, 10:30 AM
Richard Cockburn

Martin Trautmann wrote in news:slrnce2d0o.2pl.t-use@ID-
685.user.individual.de:

Who's this Giorio? Is he a real Sigma fan - or is it just TP pretending
to be it, in order to 'proof' the inferior Sima quality?

Both trolls refuse to show real pictures.

Here are Preddy's photos:

http://www.missionphoto.biz

http://www.pbase.com/missionphoto

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old June 29th 04, 12:19 PM
John

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:31:54 +0200, "pioe[rmv]"
wrote:

Giorgio Preddio wrote:

I put together this collection of info for those people interested in
buying a digital SLR. These are the reasons why you shouldn't buy any
other camera besides a Sigma SD10.

1) Superior build like a tank

This is incorrect, and so were your other assertions.

Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway

Would all contributing to this ridiculous thread please filter
out the darkroom group. There is no reason to post this detritus
there.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old June 29th 04, 01:25 PM
Mick Sterbs

"John" wrote in message
news
Would all contributing to this ridiculous thread please filter
out the darkroom group. There is no reason to post this detritus
there.

He has a good point, doesn't he, Professor Preddio, master of the hard core
pornographic image. Why did you include the darkroom boys in your
ridiculous posturing about a [ridiculous] *digital* camera? Perhaps you are
not such a masterful professor as you think you are, since you appear to
imagine that the darkroom has any relevance to digital pixels.

Old June 29th 04, 02:19 PM
John McWilliams

Martin Trautmann wrote:

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.equipment.35mm.]
On 27 Jun 2004 03:34:44 -0700, Giorgio Preddio wrote:

I put together this collection of info for those people interested in
buying a digital SLR. These are the reasons why you shouldn't buy any
other camera besides a Sigma SD10.

Who's this Giorio? Is he a real Sigma fan - or is it just TP pretending
to be it, in order to 'proof' the inferior Sima quality?

Both trolls refuse to show real pictures.

BTW: I'm a glad user of e.g. a Sigma 24mm/2.8,
Martin

Pretty much impossible to tell, and not worthwhile, as the whole issue
has become easy targets for the flame baiters, and now it's easy to
imitate the GP mode in rec.dig.

Sorry for any cross posts in the past I haven't removed from .35mm

--
John McWilliams