Orchestral soul caught on camera..

Old November 14th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

Default Orchestral soul caught on camera..

By accident I had the camera in manual, so the flash fired, but the shutter
stayed open. So I moved it, figuring it was lost anyway. But at home I found
it rather nice. Like at captured the "soul" of music:

http://photos-of-portugal.com/Orchestra.jpg

Anybody else have such "miss fires"?
Could be fun!

--
"I donīt need a camera,
I have a photographic memory..."

Old November 14th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Miller

"Sosumi" wrote in message
By accident I had the camera in manual, so the flash fired, but the
shutter stayed open. So I moved it, figuring it was lost anyway. But at
home I found it rather nice. Like at captured the "soul" of music:

Are you absolutely sure those are Poltergeists? They seem to be doing a
synchronized dance to the music.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com

Old November 15th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randy Berbaum[_2_]

"Sosumi" wrote in message
By accident I had the camera in manual, so the flash fired, but the
shutter stayed open. So I moved it, figuring it was lost anyway. But at
home I found it rather nice. Like at captured the "soul" of music:

http://photos-of-portugal.com/Orchestra.jpg

Anybody else have such "miss fires"?
Could be fun!

Nice photo. I have taken photos with this type of result, but generally on
purpose. In fact I took a good one taking this to the extreme just a few
weeks ago. I was taking a photo of a building with loads of people walking
in and out and back and forth between me and the building. Stopping the
people was impossible. So I used a tripod, 13 stop ND filter and a 30 second
exposure. Everything that was moving (the people) blurred into invisibility.
There is some fuzzy masses in the doors where the people going in and out
were nearly constant for the entire 30 sec.

Randy

==========
Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL

Old November 15th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"Randy Berbaum" wrote in message

"Sosumi" wrote in message
[...]

Great! Show us some pictures!
I plan to do more with this too. Any more tips are welcome.
Sometimes we get so lost in the "quality", noise and other technical bla
bla, that we forget to have fun!
I too "worry" sometimes about the quality of my pictures, when I got a wake
up call from my 14 year old son ( he lives in Holland and I in Portugal). He
said, after looking at a quick album online, that they all looked like they
came from a postcard. That made my day ;-))

Old November 16th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randy Berbaum[_2_]

"Sosumi" wrote in message
[...]

Here's the photo I was talking about

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2342/...1038688a_b.jpg

Randy

Old November 16th 07, 10:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"Sosumi" wrote in message
[...]

Very cool picture. Looks like a "haunted" mansion or church. Except for the
sky it seems very sharp in detail, probably because of the long exposure I
guess.
Is it HDR? Where was it made? And what is it?