What freeware image modification can highligfht what you can FEEL but which is hard to SEE in an image?

Old June 16th 19, 09:41 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Arlen G. Holder

Default What freeware image modification can highligfht what you can FEEL but which is hard to SEE in an image?

What freeware image modification can highligfht what you can very easily
FEEL but which is hard to SEE in an image?
https://i.postimg.cc/zvvyL2tq/mount24.jpg

This one-way feathering of a black rubber tire is easy to feel, but hard to
see even in a front-on photo in good sunlight:
https://i.postimg.cc/vTZLmZrN/mount25.jpg

I tried using chalk, but that doesn't seem to highlight the feathering:
https://i.postimg.cc/X7hcV3ps/mount26.jpg

All I want to know from this thread is if there is a freeware technique
which will HIGHLIGHT what I can easily feel by running my hand backward
over the tire, but which is very hard to show in an actual photo, even in
good light with chalk?
https://i.postimg.cc/Wzyrb6bd/mount28.jpg

By way of background, I mount and balance my own wheels/tires where these
tires were mounted about a month ago, and therefore they have only about
1,000 miles on them where all the vehicles on this mountain _always_ get a
certain type of one-way feathering (whether I mount & balance and align
them or whether a pro does the mounting balancing and alignment.

I repeat that this wear is AFTER an alignment, where the wear is almost
certainly due to ten miles in total of hard lock-to-lock back-to-back
steering on 9% grade steep and twisty mountain one-lane roads at 30mph to
40mph maximum speeds (dropping down to 20mph constantly).

In this thread we've tentatively determined the specific wear can be due to
the "camber scrub" which occurs in the "scrub radius" of lock-to-lock turns
o Clare - are smaller car tires easier to balance than SUV tires?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.home.repair/So4om4fLtmI

Since this happens to everyone on the mountain, all I'm asking here is for
free software or techniques that will HIGHLIGHT subtle differences between
the height of edges.
https://i.postimg.cc/gjYskcTK/mount10.jpg