Happy New Year!!!

Old January 4th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,aus.photo
DRS

Default Happy New Year!!!

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"DRS" wrote in message

[...]

Why do you insist on dragging your paranoid, ignorant rubbish into
photography newsgroups?

I don't. These discussions start with other people, not me. I just
find it hard to let offhanded comments with which I disagree go by
without offering my attempts at correcting them. Sorry about
that.......

You do exactly that. The comment to which you gratuitously added your
nonsense about Global Warming was about another matter entirely.

Old January 4th 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,aus.photo
Bill Graham

"DRS" wrote in message
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"DRS" wrote in message

[...]

Why do you insist on dragging your paranoid, ignorant rubbish into
photography newsgroups?

I don't. These discussions start with other people, not me. I just
find it hard to let offhanded comments with which I disagree go by
without offering my attempts at correcting them. Sorry about
that.......

You do exactly that. The comment to which you gratuitously added your
nonsense about Global Warming was about another matter entirely.

No it wasn't.....It's you who hasn't been in on the discussion from the
beginning....The reason Alan "plonked" me a few days ago, was because of a
comment I made in the discussion about global warming.....You will have to
about the religious fervor of these global warmists is directly on topic.

Old January 4th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,aus.photo
ASAAR

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 15:33:13 -0800, Bill "Rude Wrestler" Graham
wrote:

"There is no god save Global Warming, and Al Gore is his profit."

Wrong. Gore may once have profited from tobacco, but it's Bush
and Cheney that were and are still profiting from Global Warming.

I'd like to know whether to go long or short in oil equities, but
won't, since over the long term there's no prophet in that!

Old January 4th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,aus.photo
Alan Browne

wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 14:37:19 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year to all of you, even those (or
especially those) in my killfile.

Happy Shooting. That's the goal!

I'll be away for a few days, but should be sending in my SI shots on
Sunday afternoon. Hope to see your shots there!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bw_redux

Thanks Alan, same to you... too bad you won't see this message!

Did so!

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old January 4th 09, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

RichA wrote:
Alan Browne wrote in
:

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year to all of you, even those (or
especially those) in my killfile.

Happy Shooting. That's the goal!

I'll be away for a few days, but should be sending in my SI shots on
Sunday afternoon. Hope to see your shots there!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bw_redux

Here's hoping for some clearer weather in the northeastern U.S.

At Jay Peak yesterday you could hardly see 200 ft at the peak... where
the wind was howling. -17 .. -20C and at one point (prior to last run)
the wind on the chairlift was the worst I've ever experienced (on the
last 500m or so from the top). I'd estimate 40 - 50 kts (The Tram shut
down an hour before ... I was on the last lift with that as well...). I
had white patches on my cheeks (near-frostbite). Never had that
before... only 7 runs. At least they take CDN$ at par.

50 ft patches of blue ice...

There was a little snow on some trails in the morning, but definitely
one of the iciest ski days ever for me.

We need more snow and no more +12C days - not clearer weather.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old January 4th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Groh[_3_]

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 15:33:13 -0800, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

wrote:

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year to all of you, even those (or
especially those) in my killfile.

Happy Shooting. That's the goal!

I'll be away for a few days, but should be sending in my SI shots on
Sunday afternoon. Hope to see your shots there!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bw_redux

Thanks Alan, same to you... too bad you won't see this message!

Strange guy, Mr. Browne ... he once upon a time requested that I put him
in my killfile.

If you believe in something strongly enough, as in a religious belief, then
you are likely to put anyone who doesn't agree with you in your kill file. I
have noticed that there exists a new religion on the current scene....It is
called "Global Warming". And, the "Global Warmists" believe in it just as
fervently as do Christians believe in their Christ. They will tolerate no
doubt in this belief. "There is no god save Global Warming, and Al Gore is
his profit."

....harhar...interesting the juxtaposition..."profit" vis a vis
"prophet."

cg
Old January 4th 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Groh[_3_]

wrote:

"There is no god save Global Warming, and Al Gore is his profit."

Wrong. Gore may once have profited from tobacco, but it's Bush
and Cheney that were and are still profiting from Global Warming.

....how do you "know" this last? Just curious...

cg

Old January 4th 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,aus.photo
[email protected]

In , on 01/03/2009
at 03:33 PM, "Bill Graham" said:

wrote:

[...]

Son, the polar ice caps are melting. That means the earth is warming, and
at a rate mankind has never seen. The entire planet is being changed.
Learn to trust those smarter then you are showing yourself to be here.

Old January 4th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 14:14:44 -0800, Charlie Groh wrote:

Wrong. Gore may once have profited from tobacco, but it's Bush
and Cheney that were and are still profiting from Global Warming.

...how do you "know" this last? Just curious...

A little birdie (shot with an 80-400mm Nikkor) perched on an
Arbusto had enough Energy to tell me all about it. Have you
forgotten the Bush dynasty's ties with the oil industry and their
Saudi family friends that would routinely visit and sleep over in
Papa and Mama Bush's home? Cheney has oil ties too isn't just a
war profiteer. As Casey Stengel would say, "You could look it up."
Or continue to look the other way if you're not really curious...

Old January 5th 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,aus.photo
J. Clarke

wrote:
In , on 01/03/2009
at 03:33 PM, "Bill Graham" said:

wrote:

[...]

The Arctic Ocean had relatively little ice cover last year. Do you
have evidence that the same is true for Antarctica?

That means the earth is
warming, and at a rate mankind has never seen.

Uh, do you have evidence that the warming rate now is higher than at
the peak of the previous interglacial, when mankind was present?

The entire planet is
being changed. Learn to trust those smarter then you are showing
yourself to be here.

Perhapd the entire planet is _changing_ but that does not mean that it
is _being_ changed. As for "trust those smarter than you are", who
would that be, _you_? Al Gore? A bunch of climatologists who
actually _believe_ what comes out of their computers without any kind
of validation other than that it fits one very short dataset?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)