Digital Infrared Photography

Old November 6th 04, 09:03 PM
Suz

Default Digital Infrared Photography

I recently read an artricle about IR digital photography. Have any of you ever tried it? Is it difficult to do using an IR filter? Are some cameras better than others for it? If it isn't hard to do, the pictures were sure something! Also, is there any way of duplicating the same look with Photoshop?

Thanks in advance for your info.

--
Suz
Old November 6th 04, 09:19 PM
David J Taylor

"Suz" wrote in message
news I recently read an artricle about IR digital photography. Have any of you
ever tried it? Is it difficult to do using an IR filter? Are some
cameras better than others for it? If it isn't hard to do, the pictures
were sure something! Also, is there any way of duplicating the same look
with Photoshop?

Thanks in advance for your info.
----------------------

Check out:
http://www.infrareddreams.com/infrared_links.htm

Cheers,
David

Old November 6th 04, 09:35 PM
Suz

"Suz" wrote in message
news I recently read an artricle about IR digital photography. Have any of you
ever tried it? Is it difficult to do using an IR filter? Are some
cameras better than others for it? If it isn't hard to do, the pictures
were sure something! Also, is there any way of duplicating the same look
with Photoshop?

Thanks in advance for your info.
----------------------

Check out:
http://www.infrareddreams.com/infrared_links.htm

Cheers,
David

David.......thanks for all of the links. I will start checking them out
right away!!

Suz

Old November 6th 04, 10:52 PM
WebKatz

Suz wrote:
I recently read an artricle about IR digital photography. Have any of
you ever tried it? Is it difficult to do using an IR filter? Are some
cameras better than others for it? If it isn't hard to do, the pictures
were sure something! Also, is there any way of duplicating the same
look with Photoshop?

I use an Olympus 5050 with a Hoya R72 filtr and have been getting some
nice results. I find that most of the time the in-camera meter is pretty
accurate and there's enough light to focus and compose using the LCD,
although exposures tend to be too long to hand hold.

I run the resulting images though Photoship, using auto-levels to make
to initial corrections.

What else would you like to know?

Dave