Free Screen Savers!! (Mainly Japan Photos)

Old September 16th 04, 02:31 PM
Martin Bailey

Default Free Screen Savers!! (Mainly Japan Photos)

Hi,
I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos, most
taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update from my
site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

Currently there's a generic screen saver with a few photos from all
categories. There are also "Sunrises and Sunsets", "Flowers of Japan",
"Landscapes of Japan", "Japanese Red-Crowned Cranes" and "Portraits"
screen savers.

Find them all he
http://www.martinbaileyphotography.com/screensavers.php

Thanks,
Martin.
Old September 16th 04, 04:08 PM
E. Le Phant

"Martin Bailey" wrote in message
news
Hi,
I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos, most
taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update from my
site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays, especially
screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their heads seen to by a
competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact that screensavers have been
known to have more bugs than anything. Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that
your photographs are quite perfect, and that your intentions are entirely
honourable, but your screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

Old September 17th 04, 03:37 PM
Martin Bailey

E. Le Phant wrote:

"Martin Bailey" wrote in
message news
Hi,
I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos,
most taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update
from my site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays,
especially screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their
heads seen to by a competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact
that screensavers have been known to have more bugs than anything.
Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that your photographs are quite
perfect, and that your intentions are entirely honourable, but your
screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

This is good advice. I was worried about that concern. Do you think
people would be more likely to download the .SCR file? I can make that
available instead or additionally.

--

Cheers,
Martin.

http://www.martinbaileyphotography.com or http://www.lens-work.com

Old September 17th 04, 05:31 PM
John McWilliams

Martin Bailey wrote:

E. Le Phant wrote:

[...]

I'd download individual pix, but not a whole raft of 'em, as I generally
use my own. I'd drop a few in the folder I use, and they're
automatically incorporated. But, I'm a minority, being on a Mac.

--
John McWilliams

Old September 17th 04, 07:34 PM
Terry

Martin Bailey wrote:

E. Le Phant wrote:

[...]

No, I don't think so. I certainly wouldn't. SCR files are also subject
to bugs and viruses.

Besides, why make me download *all* the pictures? I'm not likely to
want to do that, and I'm sure not going to do that until I have looked
at some and decided I am interested.

And, you limit yourself to people running windows. What about Mac and
Linux users?

I suggest you post jpgs. Much more convenient for the viewer.

Terry