[PICS] Otiocerus degeeri

Old August 3rd 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

Default [PICS] Otiocerus degeeri

This has to be one of the strangest insects I have ever seen. H. R. Giger
would be ecstatic.

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/OD/...us_degeeri.htm

-Jim

Old August 3rd 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

jimkramer wrote:
This has to be one of the strangest insects I have ever seen. H. R.
Giger would be ecstatic.

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/OD/...us_degeeri.htm

-Jim

Nice pix.

On Googling: "Otiocerus" means "ridiculously superfluous"
What a great name!

I note your 5D with 65mm lens. Extension rings, bellows, or additional
optics?

--
Jeff R.

Old August 3rd 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...
jimkramer wrote:
This has to be one of the strangest insects I have ever seen. H. R.
Giger would be ecstatic.

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/OD/...us_degeeri.htm

-Jim

Nice pix.

On Googling: "Otiocerus" means "ridiculously superfluous"
What a great name!

I note your 5D with 65mm lens. Extension rings, bellows, or additional
optics?

MP-E 65mm in the 2X to 4X range. Nothing "extra" :-)

--
Jeff R.

Old August 3rd 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

jimkramer wrote:
I note your 5D with 65mm lens. Extension rings, bellows, or

additional optics?

MP-E 65mm in the 2X to 4X range. Nothing "extra" :-)

thanks.

Old August 3rd 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_17_]

* jimkramer wrote :

This has to be one of the strangest insects I have ever seen. H. R. Giger
would be ecstatic.

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/OD/...us_degeeri.htm

Cool hopper. Hadn't noticed the feeding tube until you pointed
it out.

I noticed your post at bugguide.net - do you use Firefox or IE7?
I wrote a search plugin for that site that you may or may not be
interested in. I use it a lot:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-eng...?name=bugguide

--
Troy Piggins
I always appreciate critique.
Old August 5th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
* jimkramer wrote :

This has to be one of the strangest insects I have ever seen. H. R. Giger
would be ecstatic.

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/OD/...us_degeeri.htm

Cool hopper. Hadn't noticed the feeding tube until you pointed
it out.

I thought it was just a leg until I started counting, but it makes more
sense when I couldn't find the feeding tube on his face.

I noticed your post at bugguide.net - do you use Firefox or IE7?

I'm still confused and use both :-)

I wrote a search plugin for that site that you may or may not be
interested in. I use it a lot:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-eng...?name=bugguide

Spiffy! I didn't think that it (bugguide) would be that useful to someone
out side of North America?
-Jim

Old August 5th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_17_]

* jimkramer wrote :

This has to be one of the strangest insects I have ever seen. H. R. Giger
would be ecstatic.

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/OD/...us_degeeri.htm

Cool hopper. Hadn't noticed the feeding tube until you pointed
it out.

I thought it was just a leg until I started counting, but it makes more
sense when I couldn't find the feeding tube on his face.

I noticed your post at bugguide.net - do you use Firefox or IE7?

I'm still confused and use both :-)

I wrote a search plugin for that site that you may or may not be
interested in. I use it a lot:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-eng...?name=bugguide

Spiffy! I didn't think that it (bugguide) would be that useful to someone
out side of North America?

Why? We get bugs here too, you know