20D GETS STEWED !

Old July 11th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default 20D GETS STEWED !

Didn't even have to get out of the car for this one:

However, here's one from yesterday that did require opening the car
door:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/82053271

Old July 11th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jul 10, 11:40 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Didn't even have to get out of the car for this one:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/82053272/original

However, here's one from yesterday that did require opening the car
door:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/82053271

Magnificent shots! The detail is to die for! The color is true to
life. WOW! Very impressive Bret. Sometimes getting that perfect
shot comes easy, sometimes you have to work hard for it. Beautiful
Bret! They both are gorgeous, but I'm partial to Bambi....I love
deer.
Helen

Old July 11th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Jul 10, 11:40 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Didn't even have to get out of the car for this one:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/82053272/original

However, here's one from yesterday that did require opening the car
door:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/82053271

You have a lot of luck in capturing these images.Being at the right
place with the right equipment. Man it sucks to be me. You produce
some of the best wildlfe images I have seen in years. Having those L
lenses don't hurt either. ;-)

Keep up the great work. And thank you for sharing.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Doing better does.

Old July 11th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 11, 1:20 am, Jeff Burke wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/82053271

I've looked at dozens of your photos and I gotta ask: do you live in the
middle of a game reserve ?

Not quite. The place I go almost every day
http://www.reflectionriding.org/
is like my personal outdoor wildlife studio.
I usually drive through there during my lunch hour since it is only
about 5 minutes from downtown.
Just yesterday, for example, I saw a deer, a rabbit, lots of wild
turkeys, a river otter, lots of turtles, and the two Great Blue Herons
that are always there, as well as a green heron which is kinda rare in
these parts. Of course if I choose to get out my car there are lots
of bugs and insects in the tall grasses that I can shoot. In the
Spring and Fall there are also lotsa wildflowers blooming.

The thing I like most about it is the quiet. I like to just stand and
listen to the sounds of the birds. You can hear hawks screaming high
in the sky, woodpeckers knocking, and even the occasional owl.
Sometimes it gets so quiet you can hear the deer walking through the
woods. And the distant train whistle makes things even better.
It's my little slice of Heaven during the day before I have to go back
to Hell.

Old July 11th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard Polhill

Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

Ah I've always wondered how you found the time to get so many shots of wildlife.
Old July 11th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jul 11, 10:25 am, Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

That's my kind of Heaven too! What a beautiful place to be able to
escape to every day. The Fall is gorgeous, and my favorite! Enjoy it
Bret.
Helen

Old July 11th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

[...]

I have to agree with you Brett. It does sound a lot like heaven. I
did a lot of camping and back packing in my younger days. The quiet on
the trail is very much as you described your bit of relief from the
day to day stress. It is a great relief to be able to hear yourself
think without the constant noise of other humans.

Again, thanks for giving us all a taste of where you live.

Old July 11th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

It's too bad you can't do it full time for a living, Bret. Nothing is worse
than working at a job you can't stand. And you are good enough at
photography to make a good living at it......

Old July 12th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 11, 6:59 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

It's my little slice of Heaven during the day before I have to go back
to Hell.

It's too bad you can't do it full time for a living, Bret. Nothing is worse
than working at a job you can't stand. And you are good enough at
photography to make a good living at it.

How?

There seems to be a lot of starving photographers out there.

Old July 12th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 11, 6:59 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

It's my little slice of Heaven during the day before I have to go back
to Hell.

It's too bad you can't do it full time for a living, Bret. Nothing is
worse
than working at a job you can't stand. And you are good enough at
photography to make a good living at it.

How?

There seems to be a lot of starving photographers out there.

Well, with your collection of marvelous wildlife photos, I'd consider
publishing a book. Call it, "Wildlife Photography" And subtitle it, Methods
and equipment for wildlife capture, or something like that.....Anything to
get your name out there.....I think making a living in the arts involves
good selling techniques....Especially your ability to sell yourself.