20D IN DEEP TROUBLE !

Old March 16th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default 20D IN DEEP TROUBLE !

No, this isn't about D-Mac's lunatic ravings, EBAY scams, or phony web
galleries.
Just a few more shots from today's lunch hour. (It was a bad day to go
to the aquarium. Can you say "Spring Break?")

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/75745007

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/75745008

BTW, this week's aquarium pics were all taken with the Canon 24-70 f/
2.8L.
It's a fine lens, by any measure. No real weaknesses, except perhaps
it's weight.
It's a monster. I like the fact that the close focusing distance is
only a few inches from the lens. This lets you shoot close-ups of
butterflies and stuff without using extension tubes. My initial tests
of this lens were brick wall shots comparing it with the 17-40L and
the 28-135 IS as well as the 70-200 f/2.8L @ 70mm.
The 24-70 f/2.8L didn't fare so well in those comparisons at least as
it relates to overall sharpness, but it did great in the field. I
guess it does better with fish and butterflies than bricks. I'll do
some further testing this weekend when I have more time.

Old March 18th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 16, 7:35 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:
[...]

I have taken many butterfly pics, but none can compare to this one:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/75745007
Superb!
I saw a commercial on tv for this Aquarium. It looks awesome! You're
so lucky to live in a great place.
Helen