20D GETS SOME TONGUE !

Old January 16th 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default 20D GETS SOME TONGUE !

"Colin_D" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message

I had a very similar experience with an abandoned Possom.
Several years later, I brought home an abandoned duckling...and carryed
home a sea-gull that was dazed adn confused after apparently being hit
by a car or something. He stood around my kitchen for three days...and
when he finally started trying to bite me, I decided to see if he could
ly. -He could, and he flew happily ever after into the San Diego
sunset...

Somebody, (a daughter in law, I think) told me the other day that possums
don't bite....They have long, vicious looking teeth, but all the do is
bear them and hiss at enemies, but never bite them......
We have a nice looking one that comes up on our back deck
occasionally and eats the dog kibbles we put out for the raccoons, but it
is so shy that if it even knows I am there, it runs away immediately, so
there is no way I can get close enough to it to find out......

Possums, the Australian/NZ variety at least, will bite, but mainly they
rake with their incredibly sharp claws. Can do a lot of damage to an
unsuspecting hero who tries to pick one up ...

Colin D.

Yeah....They must have those long teeth for a reason....They are probably
just reluctant to use them, and will only do so as a last resort.....I have
heard that they will "play dead"....As a matter of fact, there is an
expression called, "playing possum"....