(October, 16th) Picture of the Week

Old October 17th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
TheDaveŠ

Default (October, 16th) Picture of the Week

William Graham wrote:
It's a great program, and it's amazing what it can do.....I have only
scratched the surface, but removing unwanted items from the picture
is duck soup......It enables you to take a sample of the picture from
somewhere else, (usually nearby) and place it over the offending
item.....For example, I found a pop bottle resting against the curb
in one of my photos that I didn't notice when I took the picture, and
with Photoshop, I was able to take samples of the curb nearby, and
place them over the pop bottle, until the bottle was gone.....In a
few minutes, you can "clean up" an area such as litter on a lawn or
rug, or dirt and mould specks in an otherwise clear sky.....I
frequently clean up streets and lawns in a few minutes time that
would take a janitor over an hour.....It's kind of like having your
own personal janitor/street sweeper along with you on
photoshoots....:^) - Of course, it requires digitizing your
stuff....Putting it into your computer so the program can work on
it......

It's amazing the stuff you don't notice at the moment that you see
later that make you go "DOH!!!".
Old October 18th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Annika1980 wrote:
wrote:
I was going to suggest Photoshop, but I'm not familiar with it. Wow,
it can even remove relections like in the above pic? I'm impressed.

Here's a quickie Photoshopped version:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/68750413

Sorry, Danny Boy!

Is that Spike I see?!
What the heck are you doing in Paris?! LOL :^)

I am blown-away at the magic one can do with Photoshop.
Great clean-up job Bret.
Helen

Old October 18th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"TheDaveŠ" wrote in message ...
William Graham wrote:
[...]

Yeah....But one of my books about the program said that if you look too
close...(blow it up too far) you will continue to see more and more
correctable stuff, until you find yourself rearranging things on a pixel to
pixel basis.....IOW, you have to use some common sense, and know where to
stop, and just accept that you can't make a "perfect picture" with it.....I
try to eliminate the big dirt specks but not go below stuff that's 4 or 5
pixels in size........

Old October 18th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Annika1980 wrote:
wrote:
I was going to suggest Photoshop, but I'm not familiar with it. Wow,
it can even remove relections like in the above pic? I'm impressed.

Here's a quickie Photoshopped version:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/68750413

Sorry, Danny Boy!

The cruelest layer of all....

john mcwilliams
Old October 18th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
TheDaveŠ

William Graham wrote:
"TheDave)" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
[...]

LOL. I understand what you mean, but I meant stuff like the pop bottle
resting against the curb... I've done that, too. Not notice something
like that when I take the picture, then it screams out at you when you
view it later.
Old October 18th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mark˛

Draco wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Daniel Rocha wrote:
Hello,

Here it is the new picture of the week in b&w

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Someone needs to wash your balls.
I think I would've Photoshopped myself out of it.
And even though the color seems to be a bit off in this one, I like
it.

Daniel, You got a first. Annika1980 liked it.

WOW!! Good going.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Nah...he just got Annika wishing he could wash his balls a bit...

--
Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark˛ at:
www.pbase.com/markuson

Old October 18th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"TheDaveŠ" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
"TheDave)" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
[...]

Yes....And tissues and paper cups on lawns and the like.....I have to
confess though, sometimes I remove legitimate objects. Especially if they
are distracting to the overall picture....I commonly wipe out poor birds,
whose only offence was to happen to be in an otherwise clear & uncluttered
sky, and to be too far away to be clearly identified as birds.....

Old October 18th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard Polhill

"Annika1980" wrote in news:1161113863.266411.130860
@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Someone needs to wash your balls.
I think I would've Photoshopped myself out of it.
And even though the color seems to be a bit off in this one, I like it.

Perhaps, but then this forum is about 35mm photographic equipment, not
using a computer. I'm sure you may find an Adobe group somewhere if that's
your thing. :-P
Old October 18th 06, 10:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Draco wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/
Daniel, You got a first. Annika1980 liked it.

Are you sure ?!

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com