20D LIKES IT HOT !

Old August 3rd 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default 20D LIKES IT HOT !

Whew! Another scorcher out there today so the 20D decided to "take it
deep."

Today's pics start he
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/64516473

BTW, how come when it's 100 degrees in Minnesota, New York, or Maine
it's called a "crisis?"
Down here, we just call it "Summer."

Old August 3rd 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Annika1980 wrote:
Whew! Another scorcher out there today so the 20D decided to "take it
deep."

Today's pics start he
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/64516473

BTW, how come when it's 100 degrees in Minnesota, New York, or Maine
it's called a "crisis?"
Down here, we just call it "Summer."

Now THAT'S an amazing shot! Well done Bret.

I think it's called a "crisis" because of the deaths the heat causes to
the elderly, etc. Especially living in a concrete jungle as New York,
where the concrete just heats up like a furnace.

Old August 3rd 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bart van der Wolf

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
Whew! Another scorcher out there today so the 20D decided to "take
it
deep."

Today's pics start he
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/64516473

Beautiful !!!

Should make a nice enlargement, although it'll deplete your ink quite
rapidly.

--
Bart

Old August 3rd 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

Annika1980 wrote:
Whew! Another scorcher out there today so the 20D decided to "take it
deep."

Today's pics start he
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/64516473

BTW, how come when it's 100 degrees in Minnesota, New York, or Maine
it's called a "crisis?"
Down here, we just call it "Summer."

Just friggin great shots, Bret. Must be
nice to have the extra time to shoot.hehe

Well it is a crisis when the normal "high"
summer temps of those places are
in the high eighties.
People aren' t used to such and
major parts of the country have had
several weeks of high ninties or higher.

I'm surprised that the electrical grids
are still holding up.

Keep up the good work.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old August 3rd 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ShibbyShane

Annika1980 wrote:
Whew! Another scorcher out there today so the 20D decided to "take it
deep."

Today's pics start he
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/64516473

BTW, how come when it's 100 degrees in Minnesota, New York, or Maine
it's called a "crisis?"
Down here, we just call it "Summer."

How do you keep the sensor noise down at that high of an ISO?

Old August 4th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

ShibbyShane wrote:

How do you keep the sensor noise down at that high of an ISO?

I shoot with a Canon.

Old August 4th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas

"ShibbyShane" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: Annika1980 wrote:
: Whew! Another scorcher out there today so the 20D decided to "take it
: deep."
:
: Today's pics start he
: http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/64516473
:
: BTW, how come when it's 100 degrees in Minnesota, New York, or Maine
: it's called a "crisis?"
: Down here, we just call it "Summer."
:
: How do you keep the sensor noise down at that high of an ISO?
:

With typical avoidance, the master of one liners basically told you to get
stuffed when you wanted to know the answer to a valid question. He's awfully
good at doing that, BTW.

The most common software to remove noise from consumer Canon DSLRs is called
"neat image". They produce a free version of it too. You can also use "noise
ninja" a long time favourite of mine for cleaning up film scans. Another I
like for some purposes is called "Gain Surgery" it works well on
transparency scans. And of course if you use something like "Raw Shooter" to
develop the image, you can de-noise a lot of it with that.

All these type of shots owe their existence to post processing. Even when I
used to print Cibachrome prints from transparencies, they needed a great
deal of post processing to achieve the final picture. Adobe must be laughing
all the way to the bank over the way DSLRs. need so much computer work to
get a decent image.

Old August 4th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Douglas wrote:

With typical avoidance, the master of one liners basically told you to get
stuffed when you wanted to know the answer to a valid question. He's awfully
good at doing that, BTW.

No way you could have even read my post since I'm in your killfile,
right liar?
So, do you have that 1DsMKII photo ready for me yet? BWAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!

Old August 4th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Douglas wrote:

With typical avoidance, the master of one liners basically told you to get
stuffed when you wanted to know the answer to a valid question. He's awfully
good at doing that, BTW.

No way you could have even read my post since I'm in your killfile,
right liar?

FYI, I have developed a super-secret algorithm to remove high-ISO
noise. It's better than anything offered by Noise Ninja, Neat Image,
or Nine Inch Nails.
The guys at Adobe are buggin the crap out of me to let them use it in
Photoshop CS3, due out next year. But I think I'll keep it to myself
for now.
I'm sure you probably have an algorithm for noise removal as well, but
yours requires hours spent with the Clone Tool. LOL!

So, do you have that 1DsMKII photo ready for me yet? BWAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!

Old August 4th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas

: Douglas wrote:
:
[...]
I got more to do with my gear this time of year than fart-arse around
PROVING anything to an idiot. It never worked with your new bum buddy Markie
child and probably won't with you either. Your Ego wouldn't let you see past
your nose anyway.

'Afraid not hillbilly. Send my your card number and I'll bill you the time
then I 'll do it. Otherwise you'll wait until I have all 5 cameras in the
same place at the same time and nothing better to do.