(update) Protest against CPE law

Old May 17th 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default (update) Protest against CPE law

Hello,

I would like to show you the last update of my website.

It's pictures taken late weeks, on protests against the
CPE law in Paris, France.

http://www.monochromatique.com/anticpe/

Pictures in b&w.

Thanks for your visit.

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old May 17th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote
(in article ):

http://www.monochromatique.com/anticpe/

Translation: Why not to move to France.

:-)

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

Old May 17th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Randy Howard wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/anticpe/

Translation: Why not to move to France.

Well... I can misunderstood your comments,
it's why I prefer to not, comment them !

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old May 17th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote:

Hello,

I would like to show you the last update of my website.

It's pictures taken late weeks, on protests against the
CPE law in Paris, France.

http://www.monochromatique.com/anticpe/

Well done.
50mm lens?
What is the CPE?
Old May 17th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Good going Daniel. Now that is
photojournalism.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old May 17th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote
(in article ):

Randy Howard wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/anticpe/

Translation: Why not to move to France.

Well... I can misunderstood your comments,
it's why I prefer to not, comment them !

I should have been more specific, but there was a smiley, which
you snipped.

Nothing against the pictures, they do a great job of conveying
the situation, which led me to that response.

If anyone needs a clearer example of how messed up the labor
system is there, they need to only look at your pictures.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

Old May 18th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Paul Furman wrote:
Well done.

Thanks Paul !

50mm lens?

A Leica + 50/2

What is the CPE?

A law for the teenagers (less than 26 years old) employment.
With the CPE law a teenager can have a tryout period of 2
years. And can loose his job each day, for no precise reason.

Old May 18th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote
(in article ):

What is the CPE?

A law for the teenagers (less than 26 years old) employment.
With the CPE law a teenager can have a tryout period of 2
years. And can loose his job each day, for no precise reason.

And in many parts of the US, anyone, of any age, can do that
every day. Rightfully so.

Employment isn't a guarantee. The result of guaranteed
employment is a workforce devoid of a reason to do good work.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

Old May 18th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Daniel Rocha" writes:

Paul Furman wrote:

What is the CPE?

A law for the teenagers (less than 26 years old) employment.
With the CPE law a teenager can have a tryout period of 2
years. And can loose his job each day, for no precise reason.

http://www.monochromatique.com/anticpe/

Every job I've had in my life has been that type of "at-will"
employment, and I've been working now for 37 years. Most jobs are
like that in the US. What's the big deal? In practice, employers
don't fire people who are being productive; and if you get fired one
place, there are lots of others around. (And I've never been close to
being fired anywhere yet, despite being fairly loud-mouthed.)
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old May 18th 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
"Daniel Rocha" writes:

Paul Furman wrote:

What is the CPE?

A law for the teenagers (less than 26 years old) employment.
With the CPE law a teenager can have a tryout period of 2
years. And can loose his job each day, for no precise reason.

http://www.monochromatique.com/anticpe/

Every job I've had in my life has been that type of "at-will"
employment, and I've been working now for 37 years. Most jobs are
like that in the US. What's the big deal? In practice, employers
don't fire people who are being productive; and if you get fired one
place, there are lots of others around. (And I've never been close to
being fired anywhere yet, despite being fairly loud-mouthed.)

Most good jobs require on-the-job training. Sometimes extensive training
that doesn't begin to pay your employer back for several months. So they
aren't anxious to let you go and throw all that training away......