(Update) Chinese New Year

Old April 13th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default (Update) Chinese New Year

Hello,

I would like to show you my last update.

It's for the Chinese New Year, in the streets of
Paris.

For the first time, pictures in color and b&w.

http://www.monochromatique.com/nac06/

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old April 13th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote:
Hello,

I would like to show you my last update.

It's for the Chinese New Year, in the streets of
Paris.

For the first time, pictures in color and b&w.

http://www.monochromatique.com/nac06/

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Well done! Checked out your gallery link, but my french is a bit
rusty. What type of camera did you use?
Helen

Old April 13th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote:
wrote:
Well done!

Thanks.

Checked out your gallery link, but my french is a bit
rusty.

You'll not find in the gallery the description of my
gear. It's a choice

What type of camera did you use?
Helen

For these pictures I used my EOS 3, with
28/1,8 - 50/1,4 and 105/2,8

http://www.monochromatique.com/nac06/

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Thanks Daniel. I like the way people don't seem to be bothered that
you are photographing them. Well done, indeed.
Regards,
Helen

Old April 13th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel,
Your candid shots are becoming extremely
well in composition and exposure. The
expressions you captured in the performers
and of the bystanders show the moment.
Being able to capture the feel of the moment
is what great photojournalist always
strive to capture. You have done a very good
job in doing so.

A few of the shots had people looking
off to one side at the edge of the frame.
You should try and have some room
for them to "look" into. When the kids
were interacting with the dragons or people
were watching the performance. Then
not looking toward the camera or close
to an edge works.

Keep up the great work. You amaze me
with the work you are putting in front
of this photographic community.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old April 14th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Draco wrote:

Hello Draco,

Your candid shots are becoming extremely
well in composition and exposure. The
expressions you captured in the performers
and of the bystanders show the moment.
Being able to capture the feel of the moment
is what great photojournalist always
strive to capture. You have done a very good
job in doing so.

Thanks a lot Draco.

A few of the shots had people looking
off to one side at the edge of the frame.
You should try and have some room
for them to "look" into.

I understand what you want.

It's not easy, or purely impossible to do.
Sometimes, if I frame like that there is an
disturbing element that is framed too, and
if I judge that disturbing element is worst,
than without it. I choose to not frame the
look of a person to the edge of the picture.

It's hard to choose in action...

(...)
Keep up the great work. You amaze me
with the work you are putting in front
of this photographic community.

Are you sure ?! Thanks a lot Draco.

Next update will by pictures from protests,
in the street of Paris.

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com