I hate environmentalists

Old April 9th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Martin Brown

Default I hate environmentalists

HEMI-Powered wrote:
Rich added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for
their kind, the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest
G20 meetings.

Unlike the rednecked ****wits who drive everywhere in their 5mpg monster
trucks tearing the land to shreds and shooting everything in sight.

It continues: 'We do not wish to stop photography, but to
encourage photographers to behave in a responsible manner at
nesting sites, reducing disturbance levels to dippers as much as
possible.'

The watchdog's advice leaflet warns photographers to not attempt
any photography during the nesting season (March to July) until
they know where the dipper's nest is. 'This may mean that you
will need to retreat a few metres and watch the movements of the
birds until you have located it [the nest].'

The leaflet was drawn up with the help of photographer Paul
Hobson who said: 'As a photographer, I know that it is entirely
possible to get shots of these beautiful birds successfully,
without disturbing them.'

Hobson, whose work has been featured in Amateur Photographer,
added: 'We are hoping photographers and other interested people
understand the reasons behind this code of conduct and follow
it.'

Bowler said he hopes the leaflet will raise awareness of the
problem among photographers and casual visitors. He added:
'Simple things such as limiting the time at the site can make a
real difference.'

The advice concludes by telling photographers: 'The welfare of
the subject is more important than your photography.'

Like all liberal Far Left Loons, and the subset of Green Nazis,

Did you read this piece at all before you started mouthing off.

Encouraging photographers to behave in a responsible manner is not an
unreasonable request.

It gave good practical advice on how to find and photograph these ground
nesting birds *without* disturbing them. Wildlife photography requires
patience and careful observation.

these clowns don't like to be confused by the facts. I don't have

How funny that you of all people should say that.

to garner attention by painting themselves with fake blood to make
it look like they were victims of police brutality.

You mean like the poor newspaper vendor on his way home who was the
victim of an unprovoked police attack and shortly afterwards died of a
heart attack? That gratuitous assault happens to be partly on video.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old April 10th 09, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 4/9/09 6:32 AM, in article ,
"Father Guido Sarducci" wrote:

In message ,
(Ray Fischer) said:

As opposed to you people who want the freedom to kill anything and
steal anything that isn't nailed down?

Depends. Are you nailed down?

Oh my, FATHER!

I am so ashamed of you.

Old April 10th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 4/9/09 9:50 AM, in article ,

In message news Jer said:

Rich wrote:
These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their kind,
the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest G20 meetings. It
reminds me of the YUPPIE, latte-sipping urban envirokooks in California
who banned mountain bikes from wilderness areas for "degrading to the
environment" while they rode 1500lb horses all over the same place.

What's wrong with being reminded of the importance for being careful?

Have you ever stepped on a bug?

Besides, the exhaust from mountain bikes is quite different from that of
horses, and a horse fart disturbs the neighborhood a lot less. And you
know this.

Mountain bikes are not powered, genius.

Bull! One human power: No more - no less. Unless you're Lance Armstrong...

Old April 10th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 4/9/09 10:41 AM, in article , "Martin
Brown" wrote:

HEMI-Powered wrote:
Rich added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for
their kind, the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest
G20 meetings.

Unlike the rednecked ****wits who drive everywhere in their 5mpg monster
trucks tearing the land to shreds and shooting everything in sight.

Like these rat-*******s who should have Jack Bauer attach jumper cables to
their nipples...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6365427.html

People who kill pets go on to be Serial Killers

Old April 10th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
SMS

Rich wrote:
These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their kind,
the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest G20 meetings. It
reminds me of the YUPPIE, latte-sipping urban envirokooks in California
who banned mountain bikes from wilderness areas for "degrading to the
environment" while they rode 1500lb horses all over the same place.

While it's true that mountain bikes are much less damaging to the trails
and wildlife than horses (and often less damaging than hikers), I don't
see what that has to do with:

'The welfare of the subject is more important than your photography.'
Old April 10th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Jer

In message news Jer said:

Rich wrote:
These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their kind,
the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest G20 meetings. It
reminds me of the YUPPIE, latte-sipping urban envirokooks in California
who banned mountain bikes from wilderness areas for "degrading to the
environment" while they rode 1500lb horses all over the same place.

What's wrong with being reminded of the importance for being careful?

Have you ever stepped on a bug?

Yup, just before I yanked the legs off and ate it.

Besides, the exhaust from mountain bikes is quite different from that of
horses, and a horse fart disturbs the neighborhood a lot less. And you
know this.

Mountain bikes are not powered, genius.

Down here they are.

--