20D GETS PUT OUT TO PASTURE !!!

Old December 2nd 05, 04:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default 20D GETS PUT OUT TO PASTURE !!!

Geeezzzz, are't we getting a littly carried away with the diatribes?

Old December 2nd 05, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Lets exchange addresses. I'll send you a 20 inch X 30 inch print from
film that I made and you send me a 20 x 30 inch print from any 16 mp
camera. Then we'll compare them side by side. Digital loses again!

I'm up for the challenge. A few small probs, however:
1. How are we gonna both take the same pic to do a fair comparison?
2. If we send each other the pics, how will we compare the two?
3. Most importantly, who is gonna buy me the 16MP camera?

Old December 2nd 05, 06:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

In article . com,
says...

The question then becomes, "Why are you more careful in your approach
when shooting film?" It's still just photography, right?
Is it because you choose to or because you have to?
Wouldn't your digital pics improve as well if you used the same care
when taking them?

Probably, but in my experience of using DSLR's what you see on your
review screen is not always what you get in your computer, especially
when I was using that POS Canon D30/60.

Also, you have said that you scan your film pics and then print them,
assumedly after improving them a bit in Photoshop (Digitally!). So at
least you aren't a total luddite.

Yes, we can digitise film too...it rules!

My friend, Crazy Marvin, is a manual-type film photographer. He uses
old Minolta SRTs and claims he doesn't even need a meter as he can
determine the correct exposure himself through experience (he's been
taking pics since he was in Vietnam). And he's usually pretty close.
But if we go out together and shoot the same scene, guess who comes
away with the better exposures and the best pics? Moi.
So the point is that the best photographer isn't the guy who knows the
most about photography, it's the guy who gets the best results.
Digital simply makes it easier for you to get the best results.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer the look of film
to the look of digital. The only digital I have used that produces
something similar to ilm is the Epson R-D1. Sadly the price of it makes
me want to vomit...

--
DD
www.dallasdahms.com
Old December 2nd 05, 07:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

uw wayne wrote:
Lets exchange addresses. I'll send you a 20 inch X 30 inch print from
film that I made and you send me a 20 x 30 inch print from any 16 mp
camera. Then we'll compare them side by side. Digital loses again!

I could not help but notice you did not say what size film you were
printing from, 35mm?

Scott

Old December 2nd 05, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

uw wayne wrote:

Geeezzzz, are't we getting a littly carried away with the diatribes?

You know, it'd be helpful if you'd include just enough of the post
you're responding to so I know which diatribe.

You don't have to leave EVERYTHING EVER POSTED to the thread like some,
but just a little to help maintain context would be nice.
Old December 2nd 05, 04:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Agreed.

Old December 3rd 05, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

What?