WTB:Nikon D70

Old June 2nd 04, 07:54 PM
Scott Streiker

Default WTB:Nikon D70

Please e-mail with complete details, including condition,
"package deal", accessories included, etc.

Thanks

Old June 9th 04, 10:09 PM
MPerlst216

I would be very carefull buying a used D70. They are very popular and my
professional experience tells me that a used one would be for sale only because
it has a problem that Nikon won't fix under warantee. They have ony been out a
short time. Nikon has a long history of having problems with their new models
in the 1st few months. Additionally, Nikon has been firm about waranteeing
their digital cameras ony with the original purchaser. The lowerst I have sen
them new is $950/camera, $1250/camera/lens. I saw this price at Competitive
Camera in Dallas. They had a number of them in stock. Good luck
Old June 11th 04, 03:06 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

If Ramsey had them for $950, you can bet they can be had cheaper online.

Old June 11th 04, 06:05 AM
MPerlst216

If you can find them cheaper online, why did you not post the better price.
Old June 12th 04, 06:22 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

Because I'm not shopping for one, only making an observation based on my
years of previous experience with Competitive back to its Garland Road days,
and comparing their pricing to online retailers in the past. But I just went
and looked and you can buy the D70 new on eBay from a dealer, with a US
warranty, for less.

As for buying used, I would agree that a new, in-demand camera will be hard
to find used at any big savings. As a Canon shooter, I'm wasn't aware that
Nikon's digital cameras have a high failure rate when new, if so that would
be a consideration.

Old June 22nd 04, 10:15 PM
Jimmy G

I bought mine From Cord Camera in Ohio. The exceptional customer service
was WELL worth the extra few dollars some others might charge.

Got it on Ebay. Check-out their store.
http://stores.ebay.com/Cord-Camera_W...enameZl2QQtZkm

Old June 23rd 04, 01:14 AM
Wayne Moses

"Jimmy G" wrote in message
I bought mine From Cord Camera in Ohio. The exceptional customer service
was WELL worth the extra few dollars some others might charge.

Got it on Ebay. Check-out their store.
http://stores.ebay.com/Cord-Camera_W...enameZl2QQtZkm

I can say the same for Cameta Camera in Amityville, New York, where I got
mine 3 weeks ago. Excellent seller.

http://www.cameta.com
http://stores.ebay.com/Cameta-Camera

Their eBay store has several D70 kits you can buy right now. They complete
the sale by telephone direct to a person in the store, so you can go over
what they are putting together. They also confirm with an email. All went
very smoothly for me. I was very impressed.

Wayne
Nikon D70
18-70 Nikkor
70-300 Nikkor