Canon PowerShot Pro1

Old May 24th 04, 02:04 PM
Daniel Nguyen

I own both a Canon digital rebel and a sony dsc-f828. They both serve
individual purposes. I like the sony for flexibilty in lcd display viewing
and framing in tight situation however it is not quite as fast as the Canon
in recording images to media. Focusing on either one is fast with the canon
a little faster IMHO. This is however subjective . I've played with the
Canon Pro1 (my dad's)also the new Nikon 8mp and both felt solid and
equivalent to the Sony. I think it gets down to what features and
performance you can live with and which you can't. Afterall if there was one
perfect prosumer digital camera, there would not be 5 different mfg offering
models !!!!!
"tuco" wrote in message
Hi

Zol. wrote:

What you describe is the pause whilst the camera locks in on the

auto-focus - try using the
MF button to lock it before taking the shot (not in auto mode). Use

Program (P) Mode or `Av`
or `Tv` instead of Auto & then select the best settings. You may need to

play around with
the different settings to get the best idea of how to use them.

I use to shot always on Av, sometime I use the Program. Probably I need
just some time to work out the best.

What is it you think is `missing` ?

I don't know.
I miss the same feeling I had with my normal SRL, or probably it is that
I was expecting something faster, I mean I miss the point and shot.

Tuco

---

Old May 24th 04, 08:44 PM
tuco

Jeff wrote:
Check the bottom of this page for comments on display freeze.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/PRO1/PRO1A7.HTM

Jeff

The so called delay last about 1/10th of a second.

Bill Crocker

Actually it last more, at least on mine.
As it is said on the article, not so good for live action.

Tuco
Old May 27th 04, 03:06 AM
sun lei

Download AlbumFamiy software at http://www.albumsfamily.com to help you
Old May 27th 04, 05:14 AM
Gary

spammer

"sun lei" wrote in message
om...
Download AlbumFamiy software at http://www.albumsfamily.com to help you

Old June 1st 04, 01:04 AM
Pedro

This is quite common with Canon, but one gets used to it, no problems with
Nikon.
Pedro
"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Check the bottom of this page for comments on display freeze.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/PRO1/PRO1A7.HTM

Jeff

Bill Crocker wrote:
"Jef Poskanzer" wrote in message

"Bill Crocker" :
}The momentary freeze you mentioned, is normal, as that captured

instant,

is

}what is being used, to adjust the camera for the conditions that exist

at
}that precise moment. Again, you'll get used to it.

It's normal in crappy cameras. It's inexcusable in cameras intended
for serious use. I'd never buy a camera with a view freeze problem.
---
Jef

Old June 1st 04, 03:02 PM
Big Willy Johnson

"Pedro" wrote in message
This is quite common with Canon, but one gets used to it, no problems with
Nikon.
Pedro
. ..

Bill Crocker wrote:
"Jef Poskanzer" wrote in message

"Bill Crocker" :
}The momentary freeze you mentioned, is normal, as that captured

instant,

is

}what is being used, to adjust the camera for the conditions that exist

at
}that precise moment. Again, you'll get used to it.

It's normal in crappy cameras. It's inexcusable in cameras intended
for serious use. I'd never buy a camera with a view freeze problem.
---
Jef

The so called delay last about 1/10th of a second.

Bill Crocker

You would not have to be crazy to purchase ANYTHING made by Canon, but it
wouldn't hurt either.

Old June 22nd 04, 02:01 AM
kreb

"Jef Poskanzer" wrote in message
"Bill Crocker" :
}The momentary freeze you mentioned, is normal, as that captured instant,

is
}what is being used, to adjust the camera for the conditions that exist at
}that precise moment. Again, you'll get used to it.

It's normal in crappy cameras. It's inexcusable in cameras intended
for serious use. I'd never buy a camera with a view freeze problem.

Keith said:

What digital camera doesn't do this?

I guess you don't own a digital camera?

Keith

Old June 22nd 04, 04:09 PM
Phil Wheeler

Keith said:

What digital camera doesn't do this?

Maybe the new retro Epson rangefinder camera?

Phil