So long, folks

Old October 6th 09, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Stauffer

Default So long, folks

I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
uncheck box.
Old October 6th 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:01:39 -0500, Don Stauffer wrote:

I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
uncheck box.

Ta ta - don't let the door hit your backside on the way out!
Old October 6th 09, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_3_]

"ray" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:01:39 -0500, Don Stauffer wrote:

I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
uncheck box.

Ta ta - don't let the door hit your backside on the way out!

I wonder why Don Stauffer's post never appeared on my
newsreader... I would have suggested simply blocking threads
with offending titles, or just not opening them - although DS
would then have missed some very interesting discussions
(mixed in with a lot o' crap, though...;-).
--DR

Old October 6th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Don Stauffer wrote:
I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
uncheck box.

Few things more pathetic that some baby whining that he's taking his
toys and leaving. Not that anybody will miss him since it doesn't
appear that he contributed anything anyway.

--
Ray Fischer

Old October 6th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

Ray Fischer wrote:
Don Stauffer wrote:
I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it
has turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only
occasional posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE-
SUBSCRIBE, uncheck box.

Few things more pathetic that some baby whining that he's taking his
toys and leaving. Not that anybody will miss him since it doesn't
appear that he contributed anything anyway.

Looks as if Ray and ray haven't been paying attention. Don Stauffer
has been a thoughtful, helpful, knowledgeable, and generous
contributor to this and several other groups.

Just because he isn't driven to make inane or deprecatory comments on
every wrinkle in the newsgroup continuum doesn't mean he's not a
valued asset.

Back in the day newsgroups were noted for useful discussions,
considered ideas, and careful fact-sharing. Since then the "look at
me!" mentality has taken over, and like a four-year-old, constant
noise and hand-waving has become the norm. Any kind of attention is
better than no attention. Now _that_ is pathetic.

"We become just by the practice of just actions,
self-controlled by exercising self-control,
and courageous by performing acts of courage."
--Aristotle

--
Frank ess

Old October 6th 09, 09:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

"Don Stauffer" wrote in message
I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE, uncheck
box.

Don, I am sorry to hear that. May the wind be at your back.

Old October 6th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:33:49 -0700, "Frank ess"
wrote:

Looks as if Ray and ray haven't been paying attention. Don Stauffer
has been a thoughtful, helpful, knowledgeable, and generous
contributor to this and several other groups.

Just because he isn't driven to make inane or deprecatory comments on
every wrinkle in the newsgroup continuum doesn't mean he's not a
valued asset.

Back in the day newsgroups were noted for useful discussions,
considered ideas, and careful fact-sharing. Since then the "look at
me!" mentality has taken over, and like a four-year-old, constant
noise and hand-waving has become the norm. Any kind of attention is
better than no attention. Now _that_ is pathetic.

I'll second all the above. Don has been around from long before the
r.p.d. split and his Brookyln camera dealer pages over the years
should by themselves be enough for all the naysayers to be put to
shame for their comments.
Old October 6th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

me wrote:
Frank ess wrote:

Don Stauffer
has been a thoughtful, helpful, knowledgeable, and generous
contributor to this and several other groups.

Just because he isn't driven to make inane or deprecatory comments on
every wrinkle in the newsgroup continuum doesn't mean he's not a
valued asset.

Back in the day newsgroups were noted for useful discussions,
considered ideas, and careful fact-sharing. Since then the "look at
me!" mentality has taken over, and like a four-year-old, constant
noise and hand-waving has become the norm. Any kind of attention is
better than no attention. Now _that_ is pathetic.

I'll second all the above. Don has been around from long before the
r.p.d. split and his Brookyln camera dealer pages over the years
should by themselves be enough for all the naysayers to be put to
shame for their comments.

I recognize the name, with positive connotations going back through the
years... um, maybe 5+ years I've been a regular in these groups.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old October 6th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_31_]

* Ray Fischer wrote :
* Don Stauffer wrote:

I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
uncheck box.

Few things more pathetic that some baby whining that he's taking his
toys and leaving. Not that anybody will miss him since it doesn't
appear that he contributed anything anyway.

At least he didn't add to the off-topic, political crap that is
poisoning the photo groups. I'm with Don.

--
Troy Piggins
Old October 7th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell[_3_]

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:01:39 -0500, Don Stauffer wrote:

I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
uncheck box.

Sorry to see you go, Don. You've been a good contributor. Let us know
where you're going to participate - dgrin.com perhaps - and maybe some of
us will follow suit.

Or maybe that's the last thing you want to have happen, LOL.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com