Pentax 645 release date: spring 2010 (maybe)

Old October 1st 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mike Benveniste

Default Pentax 645 release date: spring 2010 (maybe)

"RichA" writes:

http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/news/pen...lease-date-185

Color me skeptical. It doesn't make sense to release such a
camera without the system to back it up, and as far as I can
tell, Pentax hasn't manufactured _anything_ for the 645 for
about 4 years. Not only would they have to revive manufacturing,
but they'd also have to convince distributors and dealers to
carry the stuff. Given how many had to unload unsellable
product at fire sale prices, I don't expect too many to sign
on again.

I have nothing against Pentax nor their 645 system. In fact,
I took full advantage of the "fire sales" to assemble a
645n system.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles