EPSON R800 "vs" 2200 - looking for advice

Old June 24th 04, 02:56 PM
Jobelisk

Default EPSON R800 "vs" 2200 - looking for advice

I am in the market for a really good printer - the 2200 looks great: but
apart from printing really big images, which I will hardly ever do, it is
materially different from the R800 - which appears to do 12 X 8 (and
slightly larger) using the same technology...

Any comments? Advice?

Thanks

Old June 24th 04, 08:26 PM
Mitch Edelman

Jobelisk wrote:
I am in the market for a really good printer - the 2200 looks great: but
apart from printing really big images, which I will hardly ever do, it is
materially different from the R800 - which appears to do 12 X 8 (and
slightly larger) using the same technology...

Any comments? Advice?

Thanks

if you use either of these guys, be prepared for a printer that slurps up
a lot of ink.

Cheers,

Mitch Edelman
Old June 24th 04, 10:11 PM
Douglas

I have heard the R800 does a better job on glossy paper than the 2200.I
junked my 2200 after 1 year and 3 days! The thing broke down 2 weeks
earlier,but Epson denied my warranty claim.My 960 lasted 13 months.No more
Epsons for me!