God only know where the rest of this one is - POD for 11th.

Old June 12th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

Default God only know where the rest of this one is - POD for 11th.

Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

Old June 12th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Jun 12, 12:13 am, Ryadia wrote:
Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

Ah, playing around with Google Earth are we?

Try this. Type in these coordinates and zoom all the way in.

35° 7'2.17"N, 85°15'16.73"W

The white blob you see is The Mighty Jewel.
Cool, huh?

Old June 12th 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 12, 2:41 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 12, 12:13 am, Ryadia wrote:

Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

Ah, playing around with Google Earth are we?

Try this. Type in these coordinates and zoom all the way in.

35° 7'2.17"N, 85°15'16.73"W

The white blob you see is The Mighty Jewel.
Cool, huh?

White blob looks like some kind of storage facility to me. Do you want
me to pass on the location to Osama?

Old June 12th 07, 09:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D[_2_]

"Ryadia" wrote in message
oups.com...
Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

There is a group on Flickr that do this sort of joint shot.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/googleearthgame/

Old June 12th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 12, 6:29 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in message

oups.com...

Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

There is a group on Flickr that do this sort of joint shot.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/googleearthgame/

That's one good reason NOT to do it again!

Old June 13th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Scott W

On Jun 11, 6:13 pm, Ryadia wrote:
Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

Of course at a bit more then 24 degrees south it in not in the
tropics.

But pretty close.

Scott

Old June 13th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 13, 12:13 pm, Scott W wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:13 pm, Ryadia wrote:

Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

Of course at a bit more then 24 degrees south it in not in the
tropics.

But pretty close.

Scott

Once you get inside the Barrier Reef, (about Bunderburg, heading
north) I guess us Queenslander's figure it tropical.
All the Victorians motor up to Harvey Bay (just south of the real
reef's beginning) towing their little shells (caravans) Trailers to
you lot. Intent on spending the winter basking in our glorious
sunshine with seawater temp around 20 degrees Celsius and plentiful
bounty off the beaches. They are the real beachcombers. Six months in
paradise and then back to the rust belt to escape the real heat. Do
you fish Scott?

Old June 13th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D[_2_]

"Ryadia" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 12, 6:29 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in message

oups.com...

Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

There is a group on Flickr that do this sort of joint shot.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/googleearthgame/

That's one good reason NOT to do it again!

???

Old June 13th 07, 12:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Scott W

On Jun 11, 6:13 pm, Ryadia wrote:

Beach combing in the tropics. Every bum's dream.

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/11-06-07.htm

Of course at a bit more then 24 degrees south it in not in the
tropics.

But pretty close.

Scott

Once you get inside the Barrier Reef, (about Bunderburg, heading
north) I guess us Queenslander's figure it tropical.
All the Victorians motor up to Harvey Bay (just south of the real
reef's beginning) towing their little shells (caravans) Trailers to
you lot. Intent on spending the winter basking in our glorious
sunshine with seawater temp around 20 degrees Celsius and plentiful
bounty off the beaches. They are the real beachcombers. Six months in
paradise and then back to the rust belt to escape the real heat. Do
you fish Scott?

Water temp of 20C seems far to cold to me, 25C I can live with.

I don't fish, and this is a huge sports fishing area, I just don't get
a kick
out of it.

Scott