Best way to print borderless 11x14

Old December 19th 04, 09:48 PM
larrylook

Default Best way to print borderless 11x14

I have a canon i9900. I have 11x17 paper. To print borderless 11x14 which
is best:

1. Cut paper to 11x14. Crop photo with pse (elements) to 11x14. Load
paper. Select borderless with printer software. Then print borderless
11x14

2. Leave paper 11x17. Crop photo with pse to 11x14. Load paper. Select
borderless. Print photo. Then cut with paper cutter to desired size which
is 11x14. (cut white portion off).

On the same note, I'm curious why,when I crop with pse to 8.5x11 and print
on 8.5x11 paper, and forget to select borderless with canon printer
software, the resulting image is substantially less than 8.5 x 11. Anyone
know why this is? Also how does borderless printer know how to avoid
printing ink onto plastic parts/rollers, just beyond the edge of the photo?

Old December 20th 04, 02:35 AM
larrylook

"TAFKAB" wrote in message
Epson makes 11x14 paper. Will it work on the Canon?

I hope someone knows the answer. I wonder if it can be used for both
pigment and dye printers. The epson web site is he
http://tinyurl.com/icm0
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/P...aper+%26+Media
It says on the epson website that it works with the 1280 and 2200 printer
which I think are both pigment based printers, so maybe it won't work with
the canon i9900?

Old December 20th 04, 01:03 PM
Conrad Weiler

To print borderless 11x14
which is best:

I do it the second way, print on 11x17 then cut to fit.

I do it a third way. Crop picture to 11x14. Take it to Costco (Bend, Oregon)
and print from Noritsu printer (320 dpi) on Fuji Crystal Archive paper (matte,
glossy, or lustre) for $2.99.

Best,

Conrad

Conrad Weiler