What is this worth (Olympus C2000)?

Old February 6th 04, 11:11 PM
Ken Weitzel

Default What is this worth (Olympus C2000)?

Hi...

Dalesgate wrote:
I have an Olympus C-2000 Zoom which has a TFT fault - the screen can be seen
under bright light but otherwise it is too dark to see.

The camera powers up, takes pictures and settings can be changed (under
bright light!)

Any idea what this is worth, assuming a competent electronics expert would
know how to replace the TFT backlight?

What would it be worth in perfect working order (manual, CD, cables, 8MB SM
Card?)

TIA
Andy

I don't know the 2000; but doesn't the C in the model name
mean it has an electronic viewfinder?

If so, then your comment about setting it makes me wonder if
both the lcd and the vf are too dim.

And from all that (don't hit me I wonder if you haven't
somehow set the brightness waaaay to low yourelf?

Take care.

Ken

Old February 6th 04, 11:28 PM
Linda_N

"Dalesgate" wrote in message
I have an Olympus C-2000 Zoom which has a TFT fault - the screen can be

seen
under bright light but otherwise it is too dark to see.

The camera powers up, takes pictures and settings can be changed (under
bright light!)

Any idea what this is worth, assuming a competent electronics expert would
know how to replace the TFT backlight?

What would it be worth in perfect working order (manual, CD, cables, 8MB

SM
Card?)

TIA
Andy

The camera was discontinued back in 2001. It was first announced in 1999
(July). I suppose you are lucky it is only the LCD that is burning out. If I
were you I would give it to some kid from a low income family who would
never have one otherwise. Else, you might get $20 - $50 for it on Ebay, any
more than that and conscience should be kicking in.

Linda.

Old February 6th 04, 11:50 PM
Ken Weitzel

Hi...

Linda_N wrote:
"Dalesgate" wrote in message

[...]

Just a further thought; if you do decide to sell it
senf me an email. I still have a couple of
grandkids left who don't yet have digital cameras

Take care.

Ken

Old February 7th 04, 04:55 AM
Tony Rae

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 23:11:35 GMT, Ken Weitzel
wrote:

I don't know the 2000; but doesn't the C in the model name
mean it has an electronic viewfinder?

The C stands for Camedia and many Olympus cameras are called such,
even those with optical viewfinders, such as the Camedia C-50 etc.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc2000z/

Old February 9th 04, 05:45 PM
Evan Platt

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:53:34 -0000, "Dalesgate"
wrote:

I have an Olympus C-2000 Zoom which has a TFT fault - the screen can be seen
under bright light but otherwise it is too dark to see.

The camera powers up, takes pictures and settings can be changed (under
bright light!)

Any idea what this is worth, assuming a competent electronics expert would
know how to replace the TFT backlight?

What would it be worth in perfect working order (manual, CD, cables, 8MB SM
Card?)

According to a completed auction search on ebay:

129.97 (with 3 32 megs, 1 16, 4 NiMh's, charger, USB Reader)
129.50 (extra memory)
52.00 ("For Parts")
93 (32 megs, 4 NiMh's & charger)
149
125 (32 & 128 meg card)

So, assuming you only have the 8 meg card, no batteries, I'd say you'd
be LUCKY to get $75 - especially with the screen as it is.

Evan
To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.