WHICH CAMERA HAS PC LIVE PREVIEW?

Old June 28th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default WHICH CAMERA HAS PC LIVE PREVIEW?

Hi:

I don't know about a live PREVIEW; but with Nikon Capture, you can use
your laptop/desktop to control the camera (even get your camera to
perform features that it cannot do on its own, without the
laptop/desktop) and to have the photos show up immediately after you
snap the picture. I think all the digital SLR Nikon's (D70s, D1X, D2X,
D200, etc.) do this.

Again, I don't know exactly how you're defining "preview," but the
software allows you to take a shot and immediately display the shot you
just took onto your laptop/desktop monitor.

Kevin

Talal Itani wrote:
Which digital camera has live preview on the computer? I need to take a
shot, and see the shot directly on the PC monitor.

Old June 28th 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Yes, by live preview I mean, being able to take a shot while the camera is
attached to a PC/laptop, and view the picture right after I take the shot.
Do you know if I need extra software with the Nikon to be able to accomplish
this? Thank you.

Old June 28th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I haven't tested this; but if your computer can read the CF/SD card
while the camera is still in "picture taking" mode (vs. in pure "USB
drive" mode), then you might be able to use something like Paint Shop
or Photoshop or another viewer that has a thumbnail browser that
refreshes in real time. Point the browser to the camera's card (while
the card is in the camera and while the camera is hooked up to your
computer of course). If the picture shows up in the browser after you
take the shot, you can just double-click on it and view the pic
(assuming the software can read your picture format). If you can't do
that, then you'll have to use the camera MFR's software. My Nikon D70s
came with Capture. Though, it was a 30-day trial.

Kevin

Old June 28th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Talal Itani wrote:

Which digital camera has live preview on the computer? I need to take a
shot, and see the shot directly on the PC monitor.

My Canon A620 has what they call RemoteTask shooting. Attach a USB cable
and control from the PC.

Dave

--
"...voters are not apathetic; rather, they are too deeply concerned
with the nation's serious problems to be interested in the
Old June 29th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Talal Itani wrote:

Which digital camera has live preview on the computer? I need to take

shot, and see the shot directly on the PC monitor.

My Canon A620 has what they call RemoteTask shooting. Attach a USB cable
and control from the PC.

Dave

--

My Canon 350D can do the same - remote control from my PC via the USB link
and then put the picture straight to the PC.

Regards, Ian.