Resolution of photo paper?

Old September 3rd 04, 11:24 PM
David Littlewood

In article , Roland Karlsson
writes
David Littlewood wrote in news:HN5bdACWvJOBFw
:

I wouldn't always realise this from your posts; my point was that your
remarks are rarely helpful and informative, but mostly argumentative

for
the sake of it, and seem to be aimed to put others down and make you
seem superior. I'm prepared to believe you do to some extent have the
understanding you say. However, your comment about "views of

technology"
is both obscure and insulting; you have no idea about my technical
background.

You said that I was always trying to score points and pick nits.
That I think is insulting. And now you say that my argumenting
is aimed to put people down. That I also find insulting. You also
say that my argumenting is seldom helpful. That I also find insulting.
Can you give me one reson why I should be nice to you?

My approach to newsgroups is to try to help those coming here with
questions. I try not to start fights and recriminations. However, if I
find someone is free with the "put downs" I am prepared to express my
view on this. If you don't like it, don't do it.

I have to say I really don't care whether you are nice to me or not; but
if criticism upsets you, do as you would be done by.

This has gone beyond pointless. Unless you have something constructive
to add on the question raised, I see no point in continuing.
--
David Littlewood

Old September 4th 04, 07:12 AM
Roland Karlsson

David Littlewood wrote in
news
My approach to newsgroups is to try to help those coming here with
questions. I try not to start fights and recriminations.

You started this one - remember the wordings "If you
wish to make a sensible comment please do so. Otherwise....."
as an answer to a perfectly valid and nice post of mine.
Look back in this branch of the thread and you see that
it is you that are writing increasingly more rude and
insuling post by post when I don't agree with you.

David - if this shall end in a nice and friendly way, which
I hope it will, then it is time for both of us to look at
their own part in this.

I agree that I should have been more sensible and not pursuing
something I found technically incorrect when it was obvious that
you did not like being corrected; at least not in this case.
I agree that I really don't know anything about your technical
knowledge - that was something I wrote because I was angered
by your (IMHO) insulting posts about my nature in general.

Then - I think it is time for you to agree that your posts was
all but friendly and that you really don't have enough knowledge
to say that I am never helpfull and always are letting people
down.

I assure you, the latter is false. Make a google search and have
a look. And forget the Preddy ones - this is a game that both
Preddy and all who reply likes

Friends?

/Roland

Old September 4th 04, 12:37 PM
David Littlewood

In article , Roland Karlsson
writes

Then - I think it is time for you to agree that your posts was
all but friendly and that you really don't have enough knowledge
to say that I am never helpfull and always are letting people
down.

I assure you, the latter is false. Make a google search and have
a look. And forget the Preddy ones - this is a game that both
Preddy and all who reply likes

Friends?

/Roland

Well, peace.

David
--
David Littlewood

Old September 4th 04, 02:02 PM
David Littlewood

In article , Roland Karlsson
writes
David Littlewood wrote in
news
[...]

Sorry, posted the first reply before I finished it.

Well, you agree that your first post was perhaps less helpful than it
should have been; I agree that I over-reacted, for which I apologise. If
you had tried more to be more informative, and I had thought more
carefully before responding, we would have avoided this.

Peace, certainly.

David
--
David Littlewood
Old September 4th 04, 02:02 PM
David Littlewood

In article , Roland Karlsson
writes
David Littlewood wrote in
news

Old September 4th 04, 03:30 PM

Dave Martindale wrote:
Alfred Molon writes:

Can a human detect 30 line pairs/mm without using a loupe (or a
microscope) ?

Depends on how close they are, which depends on how nearsighted they
are! The human eye can see 60 cycles (line pairs) per degree of arc.
This is equal to 30 lp/mm at a distance of 115 mm or 4.5 inches.

But for practical purposes, somewhere in the range 4-8 lp/mm is
considered a sharp print.

Dave

Actually, it is a little better than that, about 0.6 arc-minute.
See:

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...esolution.html

Then for prints detail, see:

http://clarkvision.com/imagedetail/printer-ppi