Get paid to post in forums..

Old August 25th 06, 07:29 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
*ProteanThread*

Default The South Park Scientology video

What video ? Link ?

Mordechai Housman wrote:
Okay, I saw the video.

But I cannot believe that anyone actually believes this. South Park is a
comedy, so there is no reason to believe that just because they say that
Scientologists believe that stuff it means that they really believe it.

I don't believe anyone in his right mind can believe that. And I have
read up on Scientology, so I have another reason not to believe it.

I'm hoping against hope that no one really believes that stuff.

Old August 27th 06, 03:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Simkatu

*ProteanThread* wrote:
What video ? Link ?

There are many places to watch the Tom Cruise in the closet South Park
episode.

One place that works is:

http://scientomogy.com/southpark_scientology.php

Have fun,
Simkatu
Old August 29th 06, 04:19 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Michael Reuss

"Mordechai Housman" wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:

Sadly, you need to see the above link for the facts...and yes...they
do believe this crap.

In reality, most Scientologists don't even know about Xenu. Because you
need to advance to OwE tEE 3 to learn it, and most of them have not yet
advanced that far.

And by the time they advance that far, they will have been well
conditioned to accept goofiness that's spoon fed them by the cult.
That's how advanced Scientologists are defined, by the fact that they're
still willing to be fervant and loyal, no matter how stupid the material
being fed to them, no matter how little in the way of God-like being
they actually become.

I saw that website, and I STILL think it's a hoax or something. I don't
consider their beliefs real, whatever their beliefs may be, but I find
it hard to believe that people really believe something like that.

Please open your eyes. You'll see it's turtles... all the way down.

Michael Reuss
Honorary Kid
Old August 29th 06, 04:47 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Alvar Liddell

It was played in full in Australia last night followed by the Mormon
family episode. On station SBS.

Something to offend the followers of L.Ron as well as Joseph Smith
(bom, bom, bom)

Old August 29th 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton

Michael Reuss wrote:
In reality, most Scientologists don't even know about Xenu. Because you
need to advance to OwE tEE 3 to learn it, and most of them have not yet
advanced that far.

They don't have the money.

And by the time they advance that far, they will have been well
conditioned to accept goofiness that's spoon fed them by the cult.
That's how advanced Scientologists are defined, by the fact that they're
still willing to be fervant and loyal, no matter how stupid the material
being fed to them, no matter how little in the way of God-like being
they actually become.

Republicans.

I saw that website, and I STILL think it's a hoax or something. I don't
consider their beliefs real, whatever their beliefs may be, but I find
it hard to believe that people really believe something like that.

Please open your eyes. You'll see it's turtles... all the way down.

Clams.

--Blair
Old August 29th 06, 01:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Al Klein

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:53:44 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Michael Reuss wrote:

Please open your eyes. You'll see it's turtles... all the way down.

Clams.

Turtles, you anti-Turtle-ist. Some people will believe anything.

removing tongue from cheek, for the humor-impaired
Old August 29th 06, 03:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

Al wrote:

Please open your eyes. You'll see it's turtles... all the way down.

Clams.

Turtles, you anti-Turtle-ist. Some people will believe anything.

removing tongue from cheek, for the humor-impaired

Are you a turtle?

Bob

Old August 29th 06, 03:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Philippe

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
Al wrote:

Please open your eyes. You'll see it's turtles... all the way down.

Clams.

Turtles, you anti-Turtle-ist. Some people will believe anything.

removing tongue from cheek, for the humor-impaired

Are you a turtle?

Bob

whiney 'master of disguise' voice
"Am I not Tuuuuuuuurtle enough for the Tuuuuuurtle club?"
/whiney 'master of disguise' voice

--
I do *NOT* have a short attention sp...(Oooh!! shiny!!)
Old August 29th 06, 03:17 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Ball of Fluff

"Mordechai Housman" wrote in message
"Terry" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:28:57 GMT, "Mordechai Housman"
wrote:

Okay, I saw the video.

But I cannot believe that anyone actually believes this. South Park is a
comedy, so there is no reason to believe that just because they say that
Scientologists believe that stuff it means that they really believe it.

I don't believe anyone in his right mind can believe that. And I have
read up on Scientology, so I have another reason not to believe it.

I'm hoping against hope that no one really believes that stuff.

If you have read up on Scientology, you should be able to tell us
Scientologists do believe the claims South Park made.

I have read up on it quite a bit, and this is the first time I have ever
encountered this series of beliefs. I had encountered simpler beliefs,
almost equally as ridiculous.

Well, I was in CofS for a long time and am now a non CofS ("Church of
Scientology") Scientologist, so I will take a stab at this.

Yes, Scn does teach that people are infested with body thetans. This is an
upper level teaching. Most CofS members never get that far. It costs a LOT
of money (in CofS, that is. Elsewhere, it's a lot less) to get there. Also
one has to be 'vetted by the local OSA (think internal affairs/FBI/CIA, only
just for CofS) rep before one can go on and do a lot of this upper level
stuff.

In any event, it's a possession legend, not entirely dissimilar to those one
can find in many established religions.

For me- well, the jury's still out on it. I think such things are possible
though the actual legend with the guy and the volcano I think is bizarre and
probably a misinterpretation or even an allegory.

What they didn't say in South Park (which is fine. I looove South Park and
I've seen almost every movie and show Parker and Stone have ever done. I
don't expect a half hour animated comedy show to be a documentary) is that
most of Scn deals with Hubbard's theories on the mind, spirituality, and old
old topics like Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People.

That's why I got into Scn, and that's what I got out of it and still do.

There are many many many taped lectures and written materials in Scn that
have nothing to do with space opera. Those are the things in which I'm most
interested.

Personally,speaking as a believer, I think that what someone did in their
last life or a gazillion years ago would be as important or unimportant as
what happened to the person last year.

Scn teaches that it's not so much incident content (eg Xenu, volcanoes, the
time one was hit by a car, fell, whatever) that matters so much as the
decisions and thoughts that the person had about that.

Hubbard spent far more time discussing those things than he ever did about
the space opera.