Need advice on Canon Pro-1 vs S3 vs G6

Old January 8th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
unfrostedpoptart

Default Need advice on Canon Pro-1 vs S3 vs G6

Hi.

I could use some advice from the group about replacing my camera. I've
had a Canon G-1 for a few years. It's worked well, but I'd like to get
something a bit better, but similar. I love the flip/twist screen and
use it all the time. I also like the manual control I can get. It's
not an SLR, but with the lens adapters I have I can add filters,
wide-angle and tele-photo adapters, so it's been very flexible.

I'd like a bit higher resolution, more zoom, better quality movie mode,
decent wide-angle, better low-light focusing, and lower shutter delay.
I've been reading up on current and recent Canon cameras and am looking
at the Pro-1, G6 (G7 is unrelated, except in name), and S3 (IS would be
nice). If they would come out with a Pro-2, it would probably be my
perfect camera, but it doesn't look like they're going that way (if
someone know different, I'd love to know).

I'd appreciate comments from anyone who's used some of these cameras
and can help me compare them.

Thanks!

David

Old January 8th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
unfrostedpoptart

Default Lumix FX50 - Need advice on Canon Pro-1 vs S3 vs G6

Quick followup on my own post: I just read about the Panasonic Lumix
DMC-FZ50. I didn't know anyone else had the flip/twist screen. This
looks like a good contender, too.

Old January 9th 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On 8 Jan 2007 14:20:46 -0800, "unfrostedpoptart"
wrote:

Quick followup on my own post: I just read about the Panasonic Lumix
DMC-FZ50. I didn't know anyone else had the flip/twist screen. This
looks like a good contender, too.

I got mine the day the model hit the streets. I love it. I like to
photograph insects which puts the camera in some odd positions. Since
I suffer from arthritis I would not be able to get these shots without
the flip/twist screen. Add its terrific Leica lens and you have a
camera that's hard to beat.

Gary J Sibio

http://home.earthlink.net/~garysibio

There are 10 types of people in this world -- those who understand binary numbers and those who do not.
Old January 9th 07, 09:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Vic Dura

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:09:30 GMT, wrote Re
Lumix FX50 - Need advice on Canon Pro-1 vs S3 vs G6:

I love it.

Add its terrific Leica lens and you have a
camera that's hard to beat.

Ditto on that.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.