Calling Stacey

Old March 2nd 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Calling Stacey

Stacey -

You wrote about a printer profile site where we could get custom
profiles for not too much money. Was it Cathy's or similar? I am
printing on Epson PGPP with a Canon ip8500 printer, and I am suspicious
of the Canon profile I am using because it is for Canon paper, so not
necessarily true for Epson paper. I'll take your advice, if you can
remind me of the site...

Gary Eickmeier
Old March 2nd 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
.. .
Stacey -

You wrote about a printer profile site where we could get custom profiles
for not too much money. Was it Cathy's or similar? I am printing on Epson
PGPP with a Canon ip8500 printer, and I am suspicious of the Canon profile
I am using because it is for Canon paper, so not necessarily true for
Epson paper. I'll take your advice, if you can remind me of the site...

http://www.cathysprofiles.com/

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/

The first was found by googling on "cathy's profiles."

It was the first result.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old March 3rd 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

rafe b wrote:

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
.. .
Stacey -

You wrote about a printer profile site where we could get custom profiles
for not too much money. Was it Cathy's or similar? I am printing on Epson
PGPP with a Canon ip8500 printer, and I am suspicious of the Canon
profile I am using because it is for Canon paper, so not necessarily true
for Epson paper. I'll take your advice, if you can remind me of the
site...

http://www.cathysprofiles.com/

That's the one I used.

Make SURE that epson paper is for dye based inks, not pigment ones.

Have you tried Ilford's classic pearl? It's really good paper for dye based
printers.

--

Stacey
Old March 3rd 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

rafe b wrote:

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
.. .

Stacey -

You wrote about a printer profile site where we could get custom profiles
for not too much money. Was it Cathy's or similar? I am printing on Epson
PGPP with a Canon ip8500 printer, and I am suspicious of the Canon profile
I am using because it is for Canon paper, so not necessarily true for
Epson paper. I'll take your advice, if you can remind me of the site...

http://www.cathysprofiles.com/

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/

The first was found by googling on "cathy's profiles."

It was the first result.

Clever Rafe, if you already know the name of the site. I Googled on
"inkjet printer profiles" and there was no Cathy's among the first half
dozen pages, and the ones I did find were worthless.

Thanks for the info.

Gary Eickmeier
Old March 3rd 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Stacey wrote:

rafe b wrote:

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message

Stacey -

You wrote about a printer profile site where we could get custom profiles
for not too much money. Was it Cathy's or similar? I am printing on Epson
PGPP with a Canon ip8500 printer, and I am suspicious of the Canon
profile I am using because it is for Canon paper, so not necessarily true
for Epson paper. I'll take your advice, if you can remind me of the
site...

http://www.cathysprofiles.com/

That's the one I used.

Make SURE that epson paper is for dye based inks, not pigment ones.

Have you tried Ilford's classic pearl? It's really good paper for dye based
printers.

I may have tried it in the past, but I mainly use glossy, and it is
mainly for evaluating the image printed large, not for art's sake.

I will try Cathy's, and let you know if it is better than Canon's own.

Thanks,

Gary Eickmeier

Old March 3rd 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:57:35 GMT, Gary Eickmeier
wrote:

Clever Rafe, if you already know the name of the site. I Googled on
"inkjet printer profiles" and there was no Cathy's among the first half
dozen pages, and the ones I did find were worthless.

If you had googled on

inkjet printer profiles +cathy

you would have gotten what you wanted,
again, as the very first result.