Photoshop CS3 purchase question

Old November 9th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Donald Specker

Default Photoshop CS3 purchase question

I need to get CS3, and am confused by the options. It seems that you can
get reportedly legitimate education versions for $299, even if you're not in
education, but some indicate that they cannot be later upgraded. I can get
CS3 directly from Adobe for $549 ($100 discount for having bought Elements).
There are various web sellers claiming full versions for $389. What's the
best route? I do want the ability to upgrade in the future, but would
rather not shell out a small fortune.

Thanks.

Old November 9th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Advocate54

"Donald Specker" wrote in message
I need to get CS3, and am confused by the options. It seems that you can
get reportedly legitimate education versions for $299, even if you're not
in education, but some indicate that they cannot be later upgraded. I can
get CS3 directly from Adobe for $549 ($100 discount for having bought
Elements). There are various web sellers claiming full versions for $389.
What's the best route? I do want the ability to upgrade in the future, but
would rather not shell out a small fortune.

Amazon.com has Photoshop CS3 for $285.

Old November 9th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Advocate54 wrote:
Donald Specker wrote
I need to get CS3, and am confused by the options. It seems that you can
get reportedly legitimate education versions for $299, even if you're not
in education, but some indicate that they cannot be later upgraded. I can
get CS3 directly from Adobe for $549 ($100 discount for having bought
Elements). There are various web sellers claiming full versions for $389.
What's the best route? I do want the ability to upgrade in the future, but
would rather not shell out a small fortune.

Amazon.com has Photoshop CS3 for $285.

They don't say but surely that is the educational version.
Old November 9th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas[_4_]

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:05:48 +0000, Paul Furman wrote:

Advocate54 wrote:
Donald Specker wrote
I need to get CS3, and am confused by the options. It seems that you
can get reportedly legitimate education versions for $299, even if
you're not in education, but some indicate that they cannot be later
upgraded. I can get CS3 directly from Adobe for $549 ($100 discount
for having bought Elements). There are various web sellers claiming
full versions for $389. What's the best route? I do want the ability
to upgrade in the future, but would rather not shell out a small
fortune.

Amazon.com has Photoshop CS3 for $285.

They don't say but surely that is the educational version.

Why don't you buy one and find out?

--
If you don't defend your rights... You end up without any!
Old November 10th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JR

In article M20Zi.1433$h61.319@trndny02,
"Donald Specker" wrote:

I need to get CS3, and am confused by the options. It seems that you can
get reportedly legitimate education versions for $299, even if you're not in
education, but some indicate that they cannot be later upgraded. I can get
CS3 directly from Adobe for $549 ($100 discount for having bought Elements).
There are various web sellers claiming full versions for $389. What's the
best route? I do want the ability to upgrade in the future, but would
rather not shell out a small fortune.

Thanks.

You can get it direct from Adobe for $299.....if you are a registered
user of Elements, just call the 800 Adobe number and ask them for the
special upgrade price....There is a discount coupon as well floating
around the internet....I bought CS that way and have upgraded all teh
way to CS3...its a FULL regular version of CS3....

http://photographyforrealestate.net/...-element-users
-an-upgrade-to-cs3-for-299/

Here is a link to a bunch of people talking about how they got the $299
price from Adobe.

JR
Old November 10th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JR

"Donald Specker" wrote:

I need to get CS3, and am confused by the options. It seems that you can
get reportedly legitimate education versions for $299, even if you're not in
education, but some indicate that they cannot be later upgraded. I can get
CS3 directly from Adobe for $549 ($100 discount for having bought Elements).
There are various web sellers claiming full versions for $389. What's the
best route? I do want the ability to upgrade in the future, but would
rather not shell out a small fortune.

Thanks.

Found the Adobe link.....

http://www.adobe.com/offer/74113

All you need is a valid Elements Serial Number.....direct from Adobe
$299....you can even use Elements that came bundled with hardware...I
bough an Epson film Scanner that came bundled with Elements...it worked
to upgrade to the full version of Photoshop. Enjoy.

JR
Old November 11th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Nov 9, 3:15 pm, Douglas
Amazon.com has Photoshop CS3 for $285.

They don't say but surely that is the educational version.

Why don't you buy one and find out?

You mean they charge money for CS3? Who knew?

Old November 12th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
pgg

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 07:37:30 -0800, Annika1980 wrote:

You mean they charge money for CS3? Who knew?

I used to pirate software as a teenager and in college. Then I grew up
and realized that software developers are just like myself and need to
make a living. So why don't you grow up and purchase the software you
thief.

Old November 12th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Nov 11, 8:01 pm, pgg wrote:

You mean they charge money for CS3? Who knew?

I used to pirate software as a teenager and in college. Then I grew up
and realized that software developers are just like myself and need to
make a living. So why don't you grow up and purchase the software you
thief.

I'm quite sure that Adobe has a lot more of my money than yours.
Not as much as Canon, of course, but they do have a good chunk.
Hell, I can even remember having to pony up an extra $99 for an
addition to an old version of Photoshop just to read RAW files.
I think that was back in Version 6 or 7.