Kodak webpage for film?

Old August 2nd 04, 06:19 PM
Bill Tuthill

Default Kodak webpage for film?

Anybody know a good starting web page within the Kodak website?
I'd like something that points to both consumer and pro films.
Kodak.com/go/professional provides the latter but not the former.

Formerly I was using
http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/webProd....pl?type=Films
but it seems they have given up maintaining that one.

Old August 2nd 04, 06:44 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Bill,

If you go to the Kodak home page and click on the Film and Processing link
to the left side of the page you will be taken to a page with many choices
for Kodak general use films. Very good pages and lots of detail. For the
professional films, the page you note is your best bet. I am not aware of
one page that overlaps all films, i.e. general and professional. I will
take that request to our web team for review, however, as feedback like this
is important. Thanks!

Talk to you soon, Bill, let me know if you have any specific questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Old August 3rd 04, 03:37 AM
Frank Pittel

Ron,

It's good to see that there are people from Kodak following this group. One of the
frustrations I've had with using Kodak film and chemistry has been the feeling I got
that nobody from Kodak was listening or cared about the users of their product.

I hope that you read the posts from people venting against Kodak and Kodak's problems
that you understand that most of it the result of frustration felt toward a company
that people want to succeed.

Ron Baird wrote:
: Greetings Bill,

: If you go to the Kodak home page and click on the Film and Processing link
: to the left side of the page you will be taken to a page with many choices
: for Kodak general use films. Very good pages and lots of detail. For the
: professional films, the page you note is your best bet. I am not aware of
: one page that overlaps all films, i.e. general and professional. I will
: take that request to our web team for review, however, as feedback like this
: is important. Thanks!

: Talk to you soon, Bill, let me know if you have any specific questions.

: Ron Baird
: Eastman Kodak Company

: ...
:

-------------------

Old August 3rd 04, 04:52 AM
Kevin

In reality Kodak itself does not care. just one individual, although
that is very nice, Kodak itself still sucks on the customer service
end of things.

I still use Kodak films though, however I never did get the rebates I
mailed in. I didn't get the buy 5 get 5 rebate back, on either the
E100 or the 400UC. Actually I didn't get any of the rebated I mailed
in this year. And when you ask kodak about it they say we will follow
up on this and that is the last you hear.

But you learn to live with crappy service and that is what companies
count on, that you will not follow up on things and just let them go.

Old August 3rd 04, 05:14 PM
Ron Baird

Hi Kevin,

Actually that is not the case. I know the people in digital and traditional
sides and they are quite committed to you. In the case of rebates, I might
be able to help. If you want to send me your full US mail address off line,
I will run your information through our systems to see where you might be.
How long ago did you send in your coupon or request the rebate. Be sure to
provide details.

You can also try calling the 800-242-2424. Our team can check on things as
well.

Let me know how you make out.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Old August 3rd 04, 06:16 PM
Bill Tuthill

Ron Baird wrote:

In reality Kodak itself does not care.

Actually that is not the case. I know the people in digital and
traditional sides and they are quite committed to you.

Yes, Kodak's website has much more information about films in general
than any competitor's website. You can get quite an education there!
I'm not sure how much support the typical film user needs.

In particular, I appreciate that Kodak TechPubs recently added MTF
sharpness graphs to datasheets for their professional negative films.
It's interesting that Kodak graphs RGB separately, whereas all other
manufacturers graph just a single line for gray? all colors? I dunno.

On the downside, it is disappointing that Kodak discontinued so many
fine films such as Ektar/RG 25, Pro 100 (PRN), and Royal Gold 100.

Thanks for the help, Ron -- I hadn't noticed the pointer to pro films
on the page you recommended.