{SI} Backlit Comments

Old March 8th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default {SI} Backlit Comments

Tropical Treat wrote:

There is some sort of stuff up here.
I was only half joking when I posted my earlier comment about my missing
submission. I used the link on Alan Browne's site to make the submission.

That link was misdirected. (Don't know why). Just send it to the
e-mail on this message minus the freelunch.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old March 8th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I just checked the rulz site and it sends submissions to si@alias, which
was set to re-route to me ( ...@video...)

I've reset it to re-route to si@wading ...

Also see: cluster****

I sent mine 4 times now. **** it, here's the one I submitted:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/56839785

Old March 8th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Also see: cluster****

Hahaha.

I sent mine 4 times now. **** it, here's the one I submitted:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/56839785

Cool picture, I like the colors and the silouette of the man.

Old March 8th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

ShibbyShane wrote:
Also see: cluster****

Hahaha.

I sent mine 4 times now. **** it, here's the one I submitted:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/56839785

Cool picture, I like the colors and the silouette of the man.

After that I don't think I'll bother!

Old March 8th 06, 09:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Tropical Treat" wrote in
:

Alan Browne wrote:
TheDave© wrote:

I had been trying the aliasimages.com address. I had the wading
address, but ti had been awhile since I submitted so I checked the
website to see if maybe it had changed.

Anyway, I just sent it to the wading address and got the
auto-response immediately.

I just checked the rulz site and it sends submissions to si@alias,
which was set to re-route to me ( ...@video...)

I've reset it to re-route to si@wading ...

Not sure why that was screwed up. OTOH, I didn't get your
submission either...

Cheers,
Alan.

There is some sort of stuff up here.
I was only half joking when I posted my earlier comment about my
missing submission. I used the link on Alan Browne's site to make the
submission. Maybe I'm actually on the spam filter list? Anyway... 2
attempts and it all over red rover as far as I'm concerned. Other
people have spam filters and don't lose stuff.

Other people have also stormed off the newsgroup over far less.
Most change their usernames more often than their underwear. Sound like
anyone we know?

But hey, if you don't think you're getting your money's worth, by
all means, seek a different vendor, Rover.

Or hire a Private Investigator - *that* should do the trick!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old March 8th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Annika1980" wrote in
oups.com:

I just checked the rulz site and it sends submissions to si@alias,
which was set to re-route to me ( ...@video...)

I've reset it to re-route to si@wading ...

Also see: cluster****

I sent mine 4 times now. **** it, here's the one I submitted:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/56839785

Couldn't give you a decent explanation, dude - you're definitely on
the whitelist, and among the first few at that. Can't see into my
mail server's silicon mind. None of the user settings within my
control should have had the slightest effect, but that presupposes
the host admin knows what the hell they're doing, too.

But hey, posting it and telling me it's there works as far as I'm
concerned. Slightly more work, and EXIF and commentary doesn't come
along, but oh well.

However, my memory works just fine too, and I do distinctly recall
the number of lost submissions when the address was an AOL one. And
I've been unfortunate enough to have used that "service" (we'll keep
it clean here) in the past. So, uh, thanks...?

Although, more than likely, you've just run afoul of Homeland
Security again...

;-)

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old March 8th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Al Denelsbeck wrote:
"Annika1980" wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

Homeland security my arse.
I sent four submissions to Bret and AOL didn't deliver them to him. I
managed to relay one through Alan Browne so it makes 3 he never got. I sent
2 submission to you last year, Al and they never got through. Then I sent
one as someone else and magically it got to you. maybe Alienjones knew the
secret? I sent one a week ago in my own name and where is it? in vapor,
perhaps?. So now I sent one to Alan Browne for on-forwarding to you. Have
you got it? Wouldn't matter much, I doubt anyone will top Bret's this round.

You jokers must have a shocker of an Internet over there. What sort of ISP
audits who you can get mail from and who you can't? First it's your spam
settings and then something your ISP did and now blame it on homeland
security. Hell mate if you don't want submissions, don't promote the thing.
Plenty of other venues to send pictures to.

Douglas MacDonald
www.photosbydouglas.com
www.weprint2canvas.com

Old March 8th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"wraped in canvas" wrote in
:

Al Denelsbeck wrote:

[...]

Hi Dougie. Yet another alias I see. Still running from the boogeyman?

Nice rant, and in order to type it, you had to delete the smiley at
the end. Speaks volumes.

Now, let's see. By my count this is the fifth time you've abandoned
the SI in a temper tantrum that would make a four-year-old proud - I keep
wondering when you're actually going to make good on it.

What's amusing about all this is, I have other avenues for
submissions, but they require more work from me, and yes, I *do* have a
life, so I'm not going to resort to them until the others have failed.

And most especially, I'm not going to exercise them for anyone whose
sole newsgroup contribution is a series of paranoid spittle-flecked squalls
about how everyone's out to get him.

Get it? People that *ask* for options, may receive them. People that
act like ****heads, won't. It's called, being an adult. Check it out
someday, if you can find time between changing your posting names.

But hey, you can always make good on any one of your promises, and
take a hike, too. It may be a hardship for the rest of us, but I expect
we'll manage to cope with the loss. And that will leave more time for you
to stand on the streetcorners and chant about how jesus is coming to get
you and you alone. Maybe you and Glenn could do a soliloquoy of persecution
while hurling your medication at passersby.

Have fun!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old March 8th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Nice picture. Just the kind of thing that tells a backlit story

Walter

Old March 8th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

But hey, posting it and telling me it's there works as far as I'm
concerned. Slightly more work, and EXIF and commentary doesn't come
along, but oh well.

Feel free to copy it and post it on the SI website if you wish. Or I
can send again if you tell me which e-mail to use.
The one to aliasimages didn't seem to work either.