spotting black and white prints

Old November 2nd 05, 01:24 PM
Keith Tapscott

Default spotting black and white prints

"Gregory Blank" wrote in message
"R.W. Behan" wrote:

It very well could be as long lasting, upon searching I found two
companies make "Spot pen(s)" Marshalls and Tetenal.

I think that Spot Pen (TM) are only marketed by Tetenal & perhaps Marshall.
I`ve got a set that I use occasionally and have not had any problems.

Old November 5th 05, 01:58 AM
Stewy

In article et,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the trick (s) for spotting RC paper?

A 'boom' stereo zoom microscope:

ebay item 7558542166 [paste # into 'search' field on ebay.com]

Can often be had for $150, less at live auctions.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com

What's this got to do with spotting prints.

Make sure you post in the right newsgroups and the replying to a post
instead of this thing sticking out like a sore thumb and making you look
like a real beginner.
Old November 5th 05, 03:44 PM
seog

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
nk.net...
wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the trick (s) for spotting RC paper?

A 'boom' stereo zoom microscope:

ebay item 7558542166 [paste # into 'search' field on ebay.com]

Can often be had for $150, less at live auctions.

That may be a bit overkill for most jobs.

A fluorescent magnifier lamp might be more appropriate:
http://tinyurl.com/dnx9s

Old November 5th 05, 08:52 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"seog" wrote
wrote in message
What is the trick (s) for spotting RC paper?

A 'boom' stereo zoom microscope:

That may be a bit overkill for most jobs.

Try it before dismissing it.

A fluorescent magnifier lamp might be more appropriate:

Small beer.

"Moderation is for monks." RAH

Old November 10th 05, 02:50 AM
Bill

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the trick (s) for spotting RC paper?

A 'boom' stereo zoom microscope:

ebay item 7558542166 [paste # into 'search' field on ebay.com]

Can often be had for $150, less at live auctions.

That may be a bit overkill for most jobs.

A fluorescent magnifier lamp might be more appropriate:

Reading glasses from the drug store or Costco of the strongest
magnification (+3 diopters generally) work for me--portable, cheap, and
full stereo :-)

Old November 15th 05, 02:10 AM
David Nebenzahl

Bill spake thus:

[snip discussion of various magnifying devices]

Reading glasses from the drug store or Costco of the strongest
magnification (+3 diopters generally) work for me--portable, cheap, and
full stereo :-)

Don't you have any of those all-Chinese "dollar" stores (everything in
the store is $1) where you are? I buy all my reading glasses there,
including, as you, my 3.00s which I use as magnifiers.

--
.... asked to comment on Michigan governor George Romney's remark that
the army had "brainwashed" him in Vietnam—-a remark which knocked Romney

(Eugene McCarthy, onetime candidate for POTUS)