Photoshop and JPEG

Old December 23rd 04, 08:24 AM
Dr. Rufus

Default Photoshop and JPEG

When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
the images to jpeg. Is this normal or is there a way to solve this?

regards,
Old December 23rd 04, 10:24 AM
adm

"Dr. Rufus" wrote in message
When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
the images to jpeg. Is this normal or is there a way to solve this?

Yup.

Image/Mode/8bits per channel.

Basically, your RAW images come into PS at 16 bts per channel (although they
may have less real data than this) and jpg is 8bit per channel.

I convert to 8bits and then sharpen before saving the jpg for printing.

Old December 23rd 04, 12:48 PM
HRosita

Dr. Rufus wrote:

When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
the images to jpeg.

Make sure you flatten the image.

Rosita

Old December 23rd 04, 01:56 PM
Tom Scales

"HRosita" wrote in message
Dr. Rufus wrote:

When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
the images to jpeg.

Make sure you flatten the image.

Rosita

Don't you have to convert the image to 8-bit first? My D100 IS 8-bit, so it
isn't a problem, but my D70 is 16-bit.

Tom

Old December 23rd 04, 02:17 PM
Ken Burns

"Tom Scales" wrote in message

"HRosita" wrote in message
Dr. Rufus wrote:

When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
the images to jpeg.

Make sure you flatten the image.

Rosita

Don't you have to convert the image to 8-bit first? My D100 IS 8-bit, so
it isn't a problem, but my D70 is 16-bit.

Tom

My D100 is 16 bit. How can yours be 8 bit?

KB

Old December 23rd 04, 02:24 PM
Tom Scales

"Ken Burns" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Tom Scales" wrote in message

"HRosita" wrote in message
Dr. Rufus wrote:

When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
the images to jpeg.

Make sure you flatten the image.

Rosita

Don't you have to convert the image to 8-bit first? My D100 IS 8-bit, so
it isn't a problem, but my D70 is 16-bit.

Tom

My D100 is 16 bit. How can yours be 8 bit?

KB

When the RAW plug-in brings them in, they come in 8-bit. Don't know why.

Old December 23rd 04, 03:20 PM
Gene Palmiter

The RAW converter in PSCS is configurable between the two.

When the RAW plug-in brings them in, they come in 8-bit. Don't know why.