Watching jpegs burned to DVD on DVD player

Old August 12th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Uncle Scotty

Default Watching jpegs burned to DVD on DVD player

Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

Thanks, Scott

Old August 12th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randy Berbaum[_2_]

"Uncle Scotty" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

Thanks, Scott

You say you burned them to a CD as if it was a DVD. This could be a problem.
A CD and a DVD have two different formats and your crossing the line may
just confuse any player. But if you just saved the jpegs to the CD as
individual files it may be possible to view these on a DVD player. Many
players do have the ability to view jpegs burned to a CD. If on the other
hand you are trying to view a "slideshow" that was created with some
slideshow software and it assumes you are buring it to a DVD, and you
didn't, the format mismatch has probably made a mess of it.

So if you burned the individual image files to a CD and your DVD player does
not recognize them, you may want to look into getting a new DVD player. Be
sure to search the box for a symbol that shows it is compatable with jpeg
(and normally mp3 and other formats).

Good luck.

Randy

==========
Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL

Old August 12th 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matt Ion

Randy Berbaum wrote:
"Uncle Scotty" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

Thanks, Scott

You say you burned them to a CD as if it was a DVD.

He did? I don't see "CD" anywhere in the original post...

Old August 12th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Uncle Scotty wrote:
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

Yep. You need to create a slideshow movie and record the DVD as a
movie disk instead of just using it to store data. No, I don't know
how to do that on Windows just now. It's easy on a Mac, though.

--
Ray Fischer

Old August 12th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DubDriver

"Uncle Scotty" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

I don't think so ... you need additional software something like;
Magix PhotoStory on CD and DVD
MemoriesOnTV Pro
Moomasoft Photo DVD Wizard
Moomasoft Photo Movie Creator
Photo DVD Creator
Anvsoft Photo DVD Maker
VSO PhotoDVD
VSO Software PhotoDVD
Wondershare Photo2DVD Studio
Zeallsoft Photo DVD Creator
Zealotsoft Photo To VCD SVCD DVD Converter

Old August 12th 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Hoshisato

On Aug 12, 3:33 am, Uncle Scotty wrote:
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

Thanks, Scott

If your DVD player plays AVI files (and several do) then you could
give the free Photo Story 3 from Microsoft a try. A Sonic plug-in to
write in pure DVD format is $19.95

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx

Old August 12th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

Ray Fischer wrote:
Uncle Scotty wrote:
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

Yep. You need to create a slideshow movie and record the DVD as a
movie disk instead of just using it to store data. No, I don't know
how to do that on Windows just now. It's easy on a Mac, though.

I think Windows Movie Maker does that. Here's an article about using it
to present still photos.....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ecember02.mspx

Cheers,
David

Old August 12th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

Uncle Scotty wrote:
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

Thanks, Scott

You are being told a load of crap by these guys. My DVD recorder/player will
show Jpegs on a Cd ot a DVD without any special software. You mus have a
rubbish DVD player, have you bothered to read the instruction manual?

I simply copy the Jpegs onto a disk, and shove the disk into the drawer,
after a few seconds the player shows them all in thumnail form, then as a
slide show.

It's your DVD player thats the problem.

Dennis.

Old August 12th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

On Aug 11, 9:33 pm, Uncle Scotty wrote:
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these images to be
watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

Thanks, Scott

Did you burn it as a video? That is, the straight DVD movie format?
What disk format? DVD-R, +R, +RW, etc. Not all standalone DVD
players handle all formats, especially older ones.

Did you burn it as a simple collection of jpegs (a DVD data disk)? In
that case far fewer DVD players can handle those- it needs to be a
very recent one.