Irfanview slideshow problem

Old February 1st 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
mwebsurfer

Default Irfanview slideshow problem

I tried Irfanviews' slideshow with JPG's and when I displayed my
pics on a plasma tv, there were jaggy distortions of straight
lines but when I display them on my pc, there are no problems
even when magnifying them. Can anyone help? Is there any solution
or another program that is better using jpg's. I want something that
lets me forward or reverse the show manually. Any help will be
appreciated.
Old February 1st 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:40:35 GMT, mwebsurfer
wrote:

I tried Irfanviews' slideshow with JPG's and when I displayed my
pics on a plasma tv, there were jaggy distortions of straight
lines but when I display them on my pc, there are no problems
even when magnifying them. Can anyone help? Is there any solution
or another program that is better using jpg's. I want something that
lets me forward or reverse the show manually. Any help will be
appreciated.

I seem to remember a PC to TV programme, try a Google.
Old February 1st 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bart van der Wolf

"mwebsurfer" wrote in message
I tried Irfanviews' slideshow with JPG's and when I displayed my
pics on a plasma tv, there were jaggy distortions of straight
lines but when I display them on my pc, there are no problems
even when magnifying them.

You'll need to resample/resize the images for the relevant screen
resolution first. Irfanview does that rather well. Just make sure you
don't destroy your originals by accident, work on copies.

Bart